• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do any of the 2.2 ROM's do this?

iamtooproud

May 16, 2010
Before I upgraded to a 2.2 ROM, when making a call, I could enter the persons name... However, now that I am on 2.2, I can no longer do that. I have to click on my contacts and find the person (who knows anybody's number these days? lol)

Is there a 2.2 ROM that incorporates this feature? I really love the look and layout of the dialer that I have but I would love to have this particular feature back if possible....or perhaps a .zip or apk, add-on, anything...

Oh, I am currently running Cyanogen Tazz 5.0, which I really love.

Before I upgraded to a 2.2 ROM, when making a call, I could enter the persons name... However, now that I am on 2.2, I can no longer do that. I have to click on my contacts and find the person (who knows anybody's number these days? lol)

Is there a 2.2 ROM that incorporates this feature? I really love the look and layout of the dialer that I have but I would love to have this particular feature back if possible....or perhaps a .zip or apk, add-on, anything...

Oh, I am currently running Cyanogen Tazz 5.0, which I really love.

No. The feature you are looking for is called smart dialing. That feature is only incorporated in the HTC dialer which the 2.2 roms cannot use. They are using the default Google dialer. I have read that if you push Menu and Search from the dialer you can search. But, that is an extra step.

I have heard that Dialer One from the Market also has smart dialing, but I have never used it so I can am not able to provide any opinions or insight about it.

The smart dialing feature is one reason why I am sticking with a 2.1 based rom. I can't live without that feature.

Jeff

Upvote 0
No. The feature you are looking for is called smart dialing. That feature is only incorporated in the HTC dialer which the 2.2 roms cannot use. They are using the default Google dialer. I have read that if you push Menu and Search from the dialer you can search. But, that is an extra step.

I have heard that Dialer One from the Market also has smart dialing, but I have never used it so I can am not able to provide any opinions or insight about it.

The smart dialing feature is one reason why I am sticking with a 2.1 based rom. I can't live without that feature.

Jeff

No need to press menu and search. Just press the magnifying glass softkey.

Reactions: iamtooproud
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones