Do any roms leave the HDMI out activated?

Last Updated:

1. bundee1

bundee1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using rubix 1.8.6 rom and really like it but I cant use the HDMI out with this and I just bought REAL HDMI from the market to watch streams from my phone on my TV. Anyone know any patches or apps that would activate it on Rubix? Or any roms that keep the HDMI function intact?​

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

That seems to be an issue, but personally, I've never used the HDMI. Heh... that's one of the reasons why I upgraded from the droid incredible...heh.

3. bundee1

bundee1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I know but I pay Verizon $10 month for Vcast and the NFL network and Id like to watch them on my TV. Too broke for cable.

4. Steven58

sounds like a good idea.. .gl with it. :) I guess you can always restore the rooted OTA backed up in Rom Manager for your games?

5. Hairydawg75

Hairydawg75 Active Member

I haven't tried it myself, but I believe it works in ApeX. Maybe Fab can chime in and say for sure.

6. Steven58

Fab's busy working on a rom, you'd have to pm him directly, prolly.

7. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I don't personally have an HDMI cable to test with, but I have had reports that it does work in ApeX.

As for working on the ROM, well, I've been sick all day and just as I'm starting to feel a little better, I've lost power to my room = no desktop computer :(

We'll see if I can get by with just my laptop, otherwise I'll have to wait for maintenance to fix my wiring (this house must be at least 60 years old though, so who knows how long that'll take...)

8. Candroid

Candroid Well-Known Member

Hey if you guys are looking for a HDMI out cable for the X try www.monoprice.com THEY have the CHEAPEST you'll find anywhere! I think the cable for the dx is only 5 to 8 dollars, no joke!!! I bought one and LOVE IT! But I have not purchased this app yet. The Droid X has a "D" connector tip. Hope this helps!

PerCompLLC likes this.
  9. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

I have the Monoprice cable, RealHDMI, and ApeX and can confirm that it works (at least RC2 did). I haven't used it in a while but I don't think anything changed that would affect HDMI.