Do apps function differently on different phones?General

1. Moozilla

Moozilla Well-Known Member

I have been researching sms apps and have been reading a ton of reviews. I tend to take note of reviews posted by GN2 users moreso than those posted by people with other phones. But, I do this without cause, I just do it. Do apps function differently on different phones?

Also, is there a way to research apps more efficiently than just reading reviews on the play store? I finally tried downloading a few and found that I really liked chomp sms but couldn't handle that I could not receive MMS messages and had problems sending some as well (it wouldn't let me send a screenshot because it was too big and it refused to compress the image like it normally does). I was bummed because everything else about that app had me hooked.

I have not yet downloaded the GO sms app, but the more recent reviews were negative (since its last update, it seems) and I strongly disliked the GO launcher so I guess that also tainted my thoughts on that app.

Handcent has poor recent reviews too.

Are they all going downhill? Can they function well on one type of phone and poorly on another (as a device-wide performance, not an individual phone basis)?

Advertisement
    :