Do custom launchers have any impact on battery life...Support

Last Updated:

1. flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Might be a stupid question, but I recently switched from ADW.Launcher to Zeam Launcher just to try it out and was wondering if these custom launchers have any impact on battery life. Not that i'm noticing anything, but i'm just curious is all.

Advertisement
  2. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

I dont think so. Really I think just replaces the stock launcher when its not being used.

flyinjoe13 likes this.
  3. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

One launcher can technically use more power than another, but it's not like you're running two... only one should be running at a time.

In general I wouldn't expect them to do much heavy computation or anything that uses much power anyway. You've got way bigger things to worry about than launchers.

flyinjoe13 likes this.
  4. flyinjoe13

That's what I figured, but I thought i'd ask anyways.....

5. thedrizl

thedrizl Well-Known Member

@flyinjoe: what do you think of zeam compared to adw? better, worse, about the same?

6. flyinjoe13

I like Zeam alot, but there are a few things from ADW that I miss. The good is Zeam is very lightweight. On phone startup using Zeam, I probably have 10-15mb more available memory for app running over ADW. It's very repsonsive and stable with enough options to customize to make it work like you want.

But it does lack dots on the bottom left and right corners for switching between homescreens like ADW has. With Zeam, you either have to flick to scroll or double tap the screen and it will bring up preview windows of each homescreen. I also loved the feature of ADW that prevents background picture scrolling when you changed homescreens. I liked having the same picture on each screen. Zeam has the scrolling background image like most other launchers. If I could find a way to send input to the developer, I'd ask him for this feature.

I think overall I like ADW better because it's more customizable and I really do miss those two features I listed above. Having said that, in the end I have made the permanent switch to Zeam because on an underpowered phone like the Ally, I like having the extra system resources for running apps. The nice thing is, it's so simple to switch back and forth that I can change my mind everyday if I want to.

thedrizl likes this.