Do deleted e-mails stay in trash forever?

Last Updated:

1. BillyDingo

BillyDingo New Member This Topic's Starter

My hero downloads my POP3 e-mails. I'm using the standard mail app. I read them on the phone and delete them. Do those deleted e-mails stay in the phone until I delete them from the trash folder? Pardon me for being lazy, but it is a pain to delete them from the inbox and then go to the trash folder and delete them again! Has anyone found a way to permanently delete e-mails from the inbox?

Advertisement
  2. cbarth3

cbarth3 Well-Known Member

hmm I am curious also as I didn't even realize there was a trash folder since I set it to delete from server also.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Active Member

Not to hijack this thread, but on top of the OP's question, does anyone know if it is possible to view a "Junk" or "Spam" folder through this client? I only see my MSN Inbox, and the basic Drafts, Sent, etc. Folders.

4. iplay10us2

iplay10us2 New Member

I just got a new Hero, and while playing around with it, I found an easy to delete multiple email in whatever folder you choose. For example: go to your email inbox, touch "menu", touch "delete", press and hold the trackball, touch "menu", and the "mark all" box appears. touch "mark all", then touch " delete". and they will all be deleted. You can then go to the "trash folder" and do the same procedure. Works on "sent" folder, too.

5. meinken

meinken Member

It looks like my trash folder clears based on the "Download options". Mine is set for 3 days and my trash folder has nothing in it prior to Monday(today is Wed). From your inbox, press menu, ...,Settings,Send and Recieve,Download Options.