Do Droids need battery pulls? Battery life?Support

Last Updated:

1. upsavr

upsavr Active Member This Topic's Starter

May 5, 2010
    I just moved from a blackberry to the Droid Incredible. Do I need to do a battery pull or does turning the device on and off restart it?

Also, what is the best way to enhance the battery life?

2. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I also moved from a Blackberry to a Droid Incredible (though to be quite honest, debating going back...).

Nonetheless, I do not think battery pulls are as big of a deal with the DI. It seems to completely power off, unlike the BB. And regardless, I have yet to really "reboot" it since I got it and I am having no real resource issues.

Enhancing battery life threads are all over this forum, but some quick things:

* Screen brightness
    * GPS off when not using
    * Mobile network not always on
    * Wi-Fi not always on
    * Give yourself a week or so of discharges and full charges before judging true battery performance.

Personally, I will be buying the 3500mAh extended battery from Seidio when it becomes available. Got the same thing for my BB and I could go about 5-6 days with moderate browser/pandora/5-email-accounts use without worrying too much.
    soulfetcher13 likes this.
  3. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    No no no no battery pulls. You should be happy I know I am, but like the post above me, I do kinda miss the old blackberry. Anyway, give it time, you will see that it, the OS i mean, does not freeze up very often at all. Many times it only will when an app isn't playing well with the OS, third party apps that is.