Do I download flash google apps from market if froyoSupport

Last Updated:

1. tbdbuckeyeitl

tbdbuckeyeitl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have froyo 2.2 stock on my dx do I need to download apps such as flash google streetview etc. I already have them on my phone.l from original setup. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

If you have it on your phone, you don't have to download it again. The market will tell you when there is an update to the app that you should download.

3. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

It will only tell you about updates for apps you installed thru market. Preinstalled or manual installs wont update. Get newer versions manually.

4. binary visions

That can't possibly be true. I've been getting Gmail and maps updates since the very beginning. I get Flash updates and I never installed flash manually.

Either my phone is super special or perhaps your phone has a problem?

5. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Mine never has. Do you have the latest version of YouTube? Check market and see. It has been out for a long time but never was listed as an update until I went in manually. Same with maps, street view, etc. After searching and updating manually the first time, it now gives updates for them.

I'm running the 2.2 leak but I doubt that would effect the updater. Anything's possible though. The fact that the OP is asking is an indication of something though. If he had the latest versions, it wouldn't let him "update" and this would be a non thread. In fact I don't think Market would let you download if you already had "that" version.

6. binary visions

It won't let you download again... but mine just updated Flash a few days ago. I don't even think it's possible to "install" Flash since it's pre-installed with FroYo.

Huh.