Do I go to Sprint or Best Buy to try to exchange?

Last Updated:

1. hake0305

hake0305 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I purchased my phone from Best Buy last October, but I want to try to exchange it for a new one since I'm having issues with my messaging. Do I have to bring the phone back to Best Buy or can I just go to Sprint?

Also from anyone's experience... do they take a lot of time troubleshooting before they can issue you a new one? I want to go tonight, but can't get there till about 8:30pm, so if it's gonna take forever I'll have to wait until Saturday.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Sprint if you have insurance on your phone.

3. hake0305

No insurance... :(

4. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member

You are screwed. Don't waste your gas. They might exchange it but not before you give them a C note ( $100)

5. hake0305

Isn't there a 1 year warranty?

6. hake0305

Nevermind, I got my answer... Sprint repair. Thanks!

7. NCHornet

NCHornet Well-Known Member

Sorry Hake, I may have mis spoke. I wasn't aware these came with a 1 year warranty. I have never had a phone that came with that long of a warranty. Good to know. Good luck to you.
    NCH

8. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

1 year warranty from who? Id like to know in case I need to go this route.

Edit: Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens each place you attempt this. I tried at least 10 different times to get a different phone when I had an HTC Mogul. Sprint offered to exchange it for another Mogul, and did at least 6-7 times within a year. I tried contacting Asurion (the insurance) and they wouldnt exchange anything unless it was same device. I tried HTC, and they pawned me off to Sprint.

9. hake0305

In the box materials there is a 1 year limited warranty from HTC for the original owner of the phone. I did conact HTC as well and they stated to take the phone to Sprints repair shop first, but gave me the number to the HTC repair line where I could work with them to either repair or replace the unit within the 1 year time period from the original purchase, provided the damage wasn't physical.

Haven't decided which route I am going but so far this week I have only had 2 days where I can receive text and picture messages. None of my usual fixes are working, texting service just seems to come in and out randomly.

10. stinky

stinky Well-Known Member

Reading this again, I realized I mistakenly thought you were trying to get a different model, not a different Hero.

I have had good luck one time walking into a store and explaining to them that my phone had issues and they got overly nice and just switched it out. I didnt even have to wait for their tech to look at it.