• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

do i have to bring my droid to the store to upgrade to droid incredible?

bhs00

Apr 8, 2010
I own a motorola droid. I am adding a new line and using an old phone for that. I want to get the droid incredible to replace my motorola droid for the $199 price. I know its called an alternate upgrade, but I have my droid modded. I read on a forum one that if the associate see's your phone and goes to about phone and its different from stock, they can cancel your service and charge an ETF. My question is do i have to bring my old phone in to get a new one?

I own a motorola droid. I am adding a new line and using an old phone for that. I want to get the droid incredible to replace my motorola droid for the $199 price. I know its called an alternate upgrade, but I have my droid modded. I read on a forum one that if the associate see's your phone and goes to about phone and its different from stock, they can cancel your service and charge an ETF. My question is do i have to bring my old phone in to get a new one?

No.

Upvote 0
I think I understand what you want to do...

Go to the store, add a line by purchasing the Incredible. When you get home, get online or call Customer Service and put that OLD phone on the new line (freeing up the Incredible for your line that the Motorola is on). Then put the Incredible on the line the Motorola Droid is on and put the Motorola in a drawer somewhere or something...is that what you want to do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones