Do I have to flash when rooting?

Last Updated:

1. demonictears

demonictears New Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to android and want to root my phone. Do I need to flash and put on a new rom in order to root my hero? If so which would you recommend? and why?

Advertisement
  2. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

Not to be rude or mean, as you are new, but if you had taken the time to read the FAQ/Tutorial you would know the answer to this already :).

To answer your question, you do not have to flash a ROM, in order to root. You root, and then flash a ROM if you so choose. As far as which one is recommended, that question has been asked probably a dozen plus times. It really is a matter of preference. I personally recommend Fresh 2.1.2.

Best advice I can give you, read up on everything and do your research :). We will gladly give you some assistance, but do some searching as well :).

3. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I had just rooted mine, and I have not flashed a new rom, I did use fresh kitchen to remove the sprint apps that I didn't want on there...

I am still looking at roms but not sure on one or when I will do it.. like he stated above you don't have to.