Do I have to merge ALL my contacts in Face book with phone?Support

Last Updated:

1. zylian

zylian Member This Topic's Starter

I am one of those crazy types with 2000+ Facebook friends for games and such.

When I get my DInc. (hopefully this week or early next week.) and do the contact merger thing, Do I have to merge in all of my Facebook friends? Or can I just pick a filter like Family and Close Friends only? This would bring the total merged contacts down to a much more manageable 100+ or so.

Really do not want 2000 people on my phone, that would be a mess! If there is no option other than all or none, I may have to start a new facebook account just to limit the chaos.

Please advise. :)

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Well, for me, when I go into the contacts/people app, I can filter the ones by groups like that, but when I'm typing an email or making a call, the system tries to guess the contact as you start typing and it looks at ALL contacts.

Maybe there's a way to suppress the facebook contacts, but still leave that feature on?

3. Andoug

Andoug Well-Known Member

I didn't merge any contacts from FaceBook but do have my contacts at Gmail synched with my phone. Then I just link those contacts that I want to FaceBook individually. Probably doesn't help much, hehe.