Do I have to pay full price?General

Last Updated:

1. Doheny

Doheny Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had an Eris a while back, but returned it because I felt it wasn't ready for prime time. I needed a phone, so I used my upgrade for a dumb phone. Now I want an Incredible; is there anyway to get it w/out paying full price? When I look at the VZ site, it doesn't appear that way.

Advertisement
  2. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

ebay maybe but it will still be expensive

3. Droidmoney

Droidmoney Well-Known Member

nope if its been more than 30 days...

4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

5. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

How long ago did you return/rebuy? If its within the 30 day return policy window, then you can just return the dumbphone, pay the restocking fee, and use your upgrade on the Incredible. Otherwise, you're looking to pay full price if its out of the 30 day window.

6. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

the early upgrade works, but only if you're in certain areas and meet certain conditions...AND don't mind a little persistance. i tried best buy, calling telesales, and a corporate store and none of them would let me use it...it took an e-mail via the "contact us" option on the website to get a rep who would verify that i was eligible and could use the early upgrade on the incredible...

Verizon Wireless - Early Upgrade Event

7. Droidboy850

Droidboy850 Well-Known Member

If I have an account right now where my ETF is $100 could I add a line then port my primary number onto the second line then just cancel my primary line and use the added and turn it into a primary line?

8. Wynnded

Wynnded Well-Known Member

How I was thinking of doing it was to add a line with the Inc. but activate the Inc. on the primary line instead then put one of my old dumbphones on the added line so that I could delete the data feature on the added line and just pay the extra for the added line for the duration.....but I don't know if that would work as I haven't asked yet.

My first plan is to wait until the phone is released and try to upgrade using an Annual Upgrade as I'm more than half way through my two year contract. I have found so far that to do this, one is suppose to have been on a plan 900 minutes or more for greater than 90 days. I've spoken to a CSR about this and pleaded my side (with VZ for 15 years, never a late payment, etc.). The CSR agreed to ring me on 1 May to reveal if an exception can be arranged in my case.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that a number can not be ported within a carrier, only from carrier to carrier or landline to carrier.

9. HelpMePlease

HelpMePlease Member

I upgraded in December using my NE2 and just did so again and got my incredible today. Just be persistant with them and they will give in. I couldnt get it for the 2yr contract price of $199, they gave me the 1yr price of $229. Still a lot better than $529....

10. Wynnded

I'm certainly going to keep at it, but VZ and I seemed to reach a stalemate based on the issue of the phone having a Pre-Order status and I must wait until it's released. Did you simply keep calling and pleading your case to every CSR? I've done so about eight times and was beginning to wonder what I'd do if I got the same person twice :p:eek::eek:. I'd be plenty happy with the one year price.

11. czm2000

czm2000 Well-Known Member

I've done that exact thing before. Worked great.

12. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Does this still apply?? Cause then I could nudge the sales associate into getting me a smartphone... Can't stand the Dare anymore~

13. Wynnded

Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. I rang up a CSR and she was all over upgrading my phone for the two year contract price based on my being more than half way through my current two year contract, my having been with them for eons, my being on my third Omnia in a year, (big breath) my having not tried to take this avenue to upgrade before and maybe an additional minor item or two.

Conditions: 1.My two year contract starts over. (Not an issue with me as VZ is unequaled in my area and I get a discount on services and accessories because of my employer.)

2. She can't order it until the 29th. (She's going to shoot for overnight shipping)

I ordered that wicked gradient snap on case and got my employer's accessory discount. I'm really quite happy at this moment. Thanks for listening to my ramble.

14. HelpMePlease

HelpMePlease Member

I ordered it at full price (because i needed a phone either way) then i kept emailing the internet order team about 3 times before they called me back and offered the lower price.

Wynnded likes this.