Do I have to take the JB OTA?General

1. dubbsix

dubbsix Well-Known Member

Just switched back to the razr maxx and really enjoying the hassle free usb tethering of ICS. i suspect that JB on the maxx will break the ability to tether via usb without PDANET... which led me to this question:

When the OTA does come out do i have to take the upgrade?

Advertisement
    :
  2. xTye

xTye Well-Known Member

No. You have the choice to tell it update later which will only update if you tell it to after that.

I'll be doing the same until I see that JB is good to go for people.
  3. dubbsix

Oh okay that works out perfectly!
  4. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

Keep on mind the pop up will continue to come up and you will have to keep hitting later. If you fall asleep and you can't hit update later, it will automatically install.
    trophynuts likes this.
  5. dubbsix

Well that sounds kind of annoying. Maybe i'll get lucky and they wont modify the tethering via usb feature.
  6. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

root it, get titanium backup and freeze some stock apps.
  7. mishmosh2000

mishmosh2000 Well-Known Member

8. dubbsix

9. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

Is there actually a JB OTA?
  10. dubbsix

Yea there was "unofficial" OTA that went out by accident and was later pulled. Ive been running it and its great.
  11. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

was that only in the USA as no sign of JB yet in UK.
  12. Bugly

Bugly VIP Member VIP Member

That was only in the US, and it was for the CDMA version
  13. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a mistake to me. It's not like them to go from GB at launch to ICS, and then launch the successors to the Razr and Razr Maxx, and then still update again to JB. Usually they force us to get the successor. I guess I'm not too confident that we will all get JB. I am not too confident in Verizon's updates (or Motorola's either). I had a Rezound and saw months of pushed back updates, and I actually sold it and got the Maxx before the real OTA ICS came through.
  14. carracerz14

carracerz14 Well-Known Member

What are you taking about?... Motorola had already confirmed jb for the razr and rwzd maxx... :confused: