Do I need a goldcard?

Last Updated:

1. MrCheese

MrCheese Active Member This Topic's Starter

I get the same error.
    Were there any suggestions for this problem?

Could someone maybe please explain why the image has to be emailed?
    Why can't a tool generate this on the local system?
    I am just concerned over this whole process of having to email an ID to a web site and get an image sent to me.

I have read somewhere else that I need to by an unlock code from ebay or something after this?

Could someone please link a site that explains what this Gold card is all aobut and why the above processes is required to make one.

Advertisement
  2. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

i dont know why it has to be emailed (its kinda like whats the point in sending cofirm msg to email when you sign up to a site . you know you are cofirming it thats why you are signing up ).. you have no need to be concerened....

never do you have to buy an unlock code (EVER) THIS IS 100%FREE

goldcard is for bypassing ruu spl cid checks so you can downgrade or root .. you especially need a goldcard if you are on 3uk on 1.5 and on a stock ROM .. im not sure but i think everyother network you dont need a GC its just 3 patched the ROM . but there maybe cases of needing one on other networks (you'll have to ask someone who has more experience than me )

a goldcard is to help in the rooting process for people like me on 3 network .. there is another way to make goldcard which is like walking 200miles when you could drive , its quick and convienient

akiramar got it working on xp so maybe send him msg asking how he done it and got it working .. as the goldcard states only tested on vista and 7 , but people have got it working on xp

why are you trying to Goldcard . are you trying to get root . what version are you on . still 1.5 or 2.1

edit : just been searching and that error is something to do with NET framework...
    here is link to get it, its for xp sp2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...58-915b-4eb5-9b1d-10e506da9d0f&displaylang=en. when you download and install wait half hour and run windows updates to see if a newer version is available, there probably is im on vista and on 3.5 framework . but 4 is coming out soon .. not sure if its same on xp , once installed try using the tool again if it dont work run windows update to see if there is a newer version and try that

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

MrCheese: What is your build number? (Found in Settings >> About Phone) That way we know if you need to make a goldcard. You only need an unlock code if your phone is locked to a specific network and you want to use a SIM from a different network.

I think their setup is a simpler way of doing it, since we don't have to install a program and they don't have to put up with tech support questions. Plus it draws traffic to their website for them.

It's legit, but you can always make a bogus account for it if you want. It's handy to have a throwaway email account to sign up to random websites with.

4. MrCheese

Hi All.

I am using a HTC Desire Telstra branded (Australia)
    It is not locked to a network as I use it on another carrier, Optus.
    But there are modifications/additions that will only work on Telstra.

Software Information:
    Firmware version: 2.1-update1
    Baseband version: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11
    Kernel version: 2.6.29-3cb3dfbf
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Build number: 1.16.841.1 CL171554 release-keys
    Software number: 1.16.841.1
    Browser version: WebKit 3.1

I downloaded a stock ROM from Shipped ROMs:
    RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.10.405.2_R_Radio_32.44. 00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_release_142828_signed.exe

5. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

have you downloaded an upto date net framework .. atleast 2.0 is needed , thats what the error is all about that you got

MrCheese likes this.
  6. MrCheese

Yep. No .NET on the PC I was using.
    This has stopped the error - 'failed to initialise properly (0xc0000135)'

7. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

ok now just follow instructions and it should work , go into windows update and set to download and install new updates automatically then it will do all the updating of things like that 4 u

what are you trying to goldcard for anyway ?

8. MrCheese

I am wanting to upgrade to Froyo and remove the Telstra mods.
    All my phone details and ROM I want to apply is in Post #12.
    Do you know if I actaully need a Gold card to do this?
    I not looking to root, but I will if needed.

9. adz63

adz63 Well-Known Member

to be honest m8 im quite new to all the ROMS and gold carding , but i try to help out with anything i know ... and i really dont know if you need to goldcard for this .. it really only seems like 3 uk and asian networks need goldcard but i could be wrong so dont quote me on that .. the best person/people to ask are xyro or slug they know their stuff when it comes to all this a few other people too but i cant remember their names lol , but theres no harm in making a goldcard is there it takes 2 mins and if you ever need it in future you dont have to do it all it will already be done

10. Xyro

These posts have been cut out of this thread from the HTC Hero section.

I thought it would be better to have this dealt with in the Desire section rather than the Hero section.

11. Xyro

I don't know the Desire well enough to say if a goldcard is needed, so I've made this into it's own thread in the desire section :)

You should get plenty of help here.

12. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

You will need a gold card for most ruu roms to debrand your phone, but i recall reading about one that doesn't need even a goldcard

[ROM] Official HTC Desire RUU ROMS and OTA Update URLs - xda-developers

Teppic74 will be able to confirm the one that needs no goldcard if i am correct

Goldcard tool is on this link

http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/117710-goldcard-tool.html

13. suyashmalla

suyashmalla New Member

So does that mean I don't need a Gold Card to unroot an unbranded HTC Desire? Plz reply so that I can go forward and root my phone.

Thanks

14. dutchdisturbed

dutchdisturbed Member

I've done without!

15. handy5876

handy5876 Guest

I think after the release of the 2.3 ruu finding the right ruu and gold card is no longer critical for unrooting. any case gold card can be made at any point of time.