do i need a screen protector???

Last Updated:

1. droidON

droidON New Member This Topic's Starter

i just bought a motarola milestone but i cant find any screen protectors anywhere and im unable to buy them online one of the stores told me that i didnt need one cuz milestones ues "gorilla glass" and my screen wont get trashed over every day use... is this true any milestone/droid users out there keep there phone naked??? if anyone could give me some advise would be much appricated :)

Advertisement
  2. bullonie

bullonie Active Member

Well, a razor blade doesn't cut glass, so I think you are fine. Unless you treat your electronics like crap... Then I would try to find one.

3. semperLux

semperLux Well-Known Member

nice phone, congrats! It's been explained to me that none of these new touch screen phones require screen protectors whether they're using Gorilla glass or not. They're all pretty resilient. I have a screen protector on my Evo because I let my toddler use it to play games. I had an invisibleSHIELD by Zagg on it and removed it because it had a fine orange peel-like surface and lost some of the screen's sensitivity. I now have a screen protector from Smartphone Experts. Strong and smooth so your finger doesn't skip around.

4. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

I also have the same question for the Hero. I have a screen protector on there, and it's now got a couple of scratches in the protector itself, does a screen protector with it's potentially softer surface actually make your phone MORE susceptible to scratches (abiet temporary in the case of a protector)

If the Hero is glass (I don't know if it is), it sounds like it's better just to not use one...

5. opticalshadow

opticalshadow Well-Known Member

i have a Nexus One which is suposed to use the same type of glass screen. i have had it since jan of this year with no protection other then the fabric phone sleeve it came with. its in my pocket all day and i have not a single mark on any part of the phone.

6. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

On my Droid I use a screen protector because it eliminates the fingerprint smudges that would normally be all over the screen.

-Mike

7. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Well-Known Member

I have had my Moto Droid for 6 months now, I wipe it on my jeans to get rid of smudges and I also have dropped it onto gravel and seen it slide 3 feet face down.

Not a single scratch, although the metal around the screen is kinda beatup a bit.

And no, no screen protector.

8. Genetic_Bloom

Genetic_Bloom Well-Known Member

I have a Droid and it does have a few very small scratches but scratches none the less. Gorilla Glass doesn't mean it's scratch proof just that's it more resistant and they aren't as visible as with normal glass because they aren't as deep. They're definitely not scratch proof so make your choice on whether you want one or not.

9. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

I'll probably get one for smudges.

10. 3001

3001 Active Member

I use mine on an EVO due to all teh scratches all over my iPhone 3G i didnt' use a cover for. Also didn't have a case, and it's got quite a few dings...so got a case for the evo too:) now it's nice and doesn't slip out of my and and doesnt' get smudger either:-D

I use a cell phone the way it's supposed to be used, and not baby it.

11. Goodfa

Goodfa New Member

Hi. I have a thiny scratch on my samsung galaxy SII. I was wondering if a screen protector will hide/cover it? And which screen protector product i thick enough to hide the scratches?

I head that the SGP Samsung Galaxy S2 Screen Protector Series is good. Any thoughts? :)

12. fredricah

fredricah New Member

Hey! In left my Droid 2 in the car while I went somewhere and when I came back my screen wasnt working anymore, I think it got overheated. Its has'nt been working for a couple of days now. If I get a new screen would it work then?

13. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Yes you do, Gorilla Glass does scratch even from random debris in your pocket and god forbid if it's ever dropped or somebody else knocks it on the floor.

You might get away with it and you might not, the choice is yours. ;)

14. pentel

pentel Well-Known Member

Since I'm likely to get a phone every 2-3 years, I wouldn't bother with a screen protector.