Do I need Flash Player?

1. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I was trying to clear some space on my Desire when I noticed that I could uninstall updates for Adobe Flash 11. Having managed fine without upgrades I did the uninstall. It appears that Flash Player 11 has now disappeared from my phone. That's the bad news. The good news is that I have an extra 12 Mb of space! I can find Version 10.1 installed but it says it has 0kb.

What do I really need Flash for? If I reinstall it it will presumably install the full version which will be even bigger than I had before. I'm hoping I can manage without it?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Flash 10 is built in as a /system/app on the HTC desire so its there but not eating into your usable space.

BBC news videos, possibly you tube etc etc. They'll still work but the mouths might be less in sync
  3. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I've tried You Tube and it looks a bit dodgy! I'll have to decide which is more important to me.
  4. Rushey

Rushey Well-Known Member

The BBC iPlayer won't run without Flash. I've decided I'd rather do without the former than have to have the latter!

Rob
  5. SUroot

If you're not rooted etc, you can't be without flash player
  6. womb raider

womb raider Well-Known Member

I uninstalled the Flash Player updates too and just use the factory version (10, I think) and so far haven't run into anything online that it won't play!

*touches wood*
  7. athegn

athegn Well-Known Member

I have uninstalled the Flash Player 11.1 updates several times, on my unrooted Desire, and unticked "Automatically Updated" on Market/Play but Adobe ignores this and keeps updating???

Just a thought but if Google/Adobe ignore my explicit instructions not to update my computer are they breaking British Law?
  8. SUroot

I would suspect its a bug with the updating system rather than explicitly ignoring your choice