do i need screen protector on a200General

Last Updated:

1. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

does everybody use one? do i really need one? i got on put it on and i hate it. very rubbery,not smooth at all when gliding finger.anybody not use one ? if i need one what is the one to get that feels good or do they all fee the same?

Advertisement
  2. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

No you do not really need one, it is personal preference. I don't use them on any of my tablets or phone and so far haven't had any problems.

But if you are not a careful type of person and plan on tossing your tablet in your bag with your car keys etc then a screen protector would be a good idea.
    Personally I think one of those neoprene sleeves to keep your tablet in is a better investment.
  3. canrunin

I have it in a leather book type case. i may get rid of this protector,it sucks.
  4. kenji57

The only thing with those cases is they can come open quite easily.
    I have the Acer case for my A500 and the cover is held closed with a little bit of velcro, so I still use a neoprene sleeve when I'm travelling.
  5. canrunin

where can you get these sleeves at?
  6. markwelch

markwelch Member

I definitely think that a screen protector is essential for the A200. Here's what I wrote in my review of one maker's product (Fosmon Crystal Clear Screen Protector Shield for Acer Iconia Tab A200 - 5 Pack) on Amazon:

7. kenji57

LMAO - love your work markwelch
  8. schillerA100

schillerA100 Member

I defiantly think a screen protector is a must and do not even bother with the really cheap ones that you get on eBay for about 5.00, I am all about saving money but this is not the place to do it. I only use Invisi Shield screen protectors and have had great success with them on my iPad before I dumped it for my A100 which uses one as well. I have not found them to be as difficult to put on as described below and give me a much better feel to the screen than without. This product comes with a squegee and liquid that you soak down making it movable prior to the squeegee. The only deviation is that I wet the tablet as well as the protector with the provided spray Pryor to application. It was really soaked but does great, hope this helped.
  9. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

I am a 3M graphics applicator by trade, so doing this kind of thing is second nature to me, but I would feel very nervous doing a "wet app" on an electronic tablet...
    even if it does contain IPA to dry out the liquid quicker.
    The overlay screen protectors are something that has mixed views across forums & threads I have been reading, each to their own I suppose.