do i need sync on?Support

Last Updated:

1. evan938

evan938 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on my power control, what exactly does the sync (2nd from right) do? is it one of those things that if im asking, i probably don't need to have it on? i tried to search but i came up with about 20 pages, and none of the titles seemed to address my question. i saw something about gmail, which i dont use, and some other things

i feel like i got in over my head going from a razr2 to this phone. lol.

Advertisement
  2. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

That will sync your contacts and emails and push notification... Without it on those wont sync.

3. evan938

evan938 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Meaning what? My email is thru hotmail which i just open a browser to check (unless theres an easier way to do this im not aware of).

4. PearlRose

PearlRose Well-Known Member

I think sync is a personal preference. For 8 hours a day, I rarely touch my phone as I am at work.

I have my sync turned off and opt to run manual sync's whenever I am checking updates on FB, Twitter, or Gmail (not a main email). I manually sync Gmail only after adding a new contact to my phone, which is like... never :p

My email is the only thing I have running auto sync which is about every hour and I've had no issues with it stopping. So I don't believe it's linked to that option in the power panel. Mine is off and I still get emails with the rest needing a manual update.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

At work I have sync off since I get email notifications through Chrome -> Gmail, and I talk to most of my friends through AIM/Yahoo (at work, lol)

As soon as I leave though I turn sync back on.