• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do I need to flash the SBF file again?

thesloth

Mar 15, 2010
The short of it:

I've already rooted my telus milestone and upgraded to 2.1 (this was a long time ago). I didn't root using the easy, one-click or whatever; i actually went the "long way" by flashing the sbf and then update.zip, etc. Now I am trying to install OpenRecovery (from here: Open Recovery v1.45 [10/19/2010]). Do I need to go through the steps of flashing the sbf again? a pc isn't handy right now...

the reason for it (for those who care to help):
my milestone is currently suffering from the infamous "too many pattern attempts" bug and my google login is not working (it just gets stuck on the "connecting" spinner for all time. regardless of if i use the right pword or not). so I am attempting to solve this from the terminal (ala: Android: Too Many Pattern Attempts. Phone is locked.). I can't do this from my mac because I never enabled "usb debugging" and since my phone is permalocked I can't do that now. I am hoping that by loaded openrecovery on it, I can do those commands from the console. and maybe make a nandroid backup in the process (in case there is anyway to extract data from it). does this seem plausible or am i doomed?

obviously impatient, I just decided to try without flashing. and for others curious: it loaded up no problem.

unfortunately android does not know the sqlite3 command. i can enable adb_usbmode from the console and get on from my mac, but i can't use the sqlite3 command there either. where does this command lie? can i manually install it (with install == drag onto sdcard since i can't do too much more).

any body have any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones