• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Do I need to root to flash the Hero Rom?

i don't even know what rooting is, yet I flashed to sense no worries. Just download the SDK, download a recovery rom and a sense rom and go from there. mind you, you have to have the higher specced of the two magics. I wouldn't actually bother flashing to sense if you have the 192mb ram magic... IMO it wouldn't have enough balls. but yeah, if you got the right phone, it's a simple task!

if you have the lower specced magic and you're still keen to try Sense, you have to update your SPL, which greatly increases the chance of you bricking your phone :eek:

Upvote 0
i don't even know what rooting is, yet I flashed to sense no worries. Just download the SDK, download a recovery rom and a sense rom and go from there. mind you, you have to have the higher specced of the two magics. I wouldn't actually bother flashing to sense if you have the 192mb ram magic... IMO it wouldn't have enough balls. but yeah, if you got the right phone, it's a simple task!

if you have the lower specced magic and you're still keen to try Sense, you have to update your SPL, which greatly increases the chance of you bricking your phone :eek:

I have the Rogers branded one so I think I'm good.
Would you mind telling me your process?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones