Root Do i need to wipe data and cache

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by longdaddy, Apr 13, 2010.

1. longdaddy

longdaddy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Rutledge, TN
    Im running CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 with BlackIceTheme right now and im wanting to switch to NexTheme 2.0 so just switching themes not roms i went ahead and downloaded it on rom manager and installed it without wiping data/cache when the phone rebooted it had no signal and still had part of the BlackIce theme and parts of nextheme so no i need to wipe data/cache before installing this theme

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    When using MetaMorph, you cannot use the apply all if framework.res is in there - as soon as it gets to that it will (most likely) reboot the phone upon applying (this has happened to me a couple of times). Manually move framework.res out and then you *should* be able to hit apply all, and then move it back in and apply framework manually.

Your other option is to apply them all 1 by 1....which is what *I* did not realizing that it was framework that was causing my reboots.

3. longdaddy

Nov 16, 2009
    Rutledge, TN
    Im not using metamorph just rom manger for themes and roms

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i dont think you need to wipe. try installing the same unthemed rom over itself. this will get you back to the unthemed version. then re-theme it with the nextheme.

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga
    VIP Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    when switch themes you need to either wipe or flash the original rom again to get back to a clean slate. Themes dont always theme all the same things so you will almost always get leftovers from the first theme

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian
    VIP Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Ahh, good points - sorry, longdaddy, I completely overlooked your mention of ROM Manager.

My bad.

7. longdaddy

Nov 16, 2009
    Rutledge, TN
    Thanks guys i will give that a try