Do i need to wipe data and cache

Last Updated:

1. longdaddy

longdaddy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im running CyanogenMod 5.0.5.7 with BlackIceTheme right now and im wanting to switch to NexTheme 2.0 so just switching themes not roms i went ahead and downloaded it on rom manager and installed it without wiping data/cache when the phone rebooted it had no signal and still had part of the BlackIce theme and parts of nextheme so no i need to wipe data/cache before installing this theme

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

When using MetaMorph, you cannot use the apply all if framework.res is in there - as soon as it gets to that it will (most likely) reboot the phone upon applying (this has happened to me a couple of times). Manually move framework.res out and then you *should* be able to hit apply all, and then move it back in and apply framework manually.

Your other option is to apply them all 1 by 1....which is what *I* did not realizing that it was framework that was causing my reboots.

3. longdaddy

Im not using metamorph just rom manger for themes and roms

4. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

i dont think you need to wipe. try installing the same unthemed rom over itself. this will get you back to the unthemed version. then re-theme it with the nextheme.

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

when switch themes you need to either wipe or flash the original rom again to get back to a clean slate. Themes dont always theme all the same things so you will almost always get leftovers from the first theme

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Ahh, good points - sorry, longdaddy, I completely overlooked your mention of ROM Manager.

My bad.

7. longdaddy

Thanks guys i will give that a try