• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do I really need a case???

rjjr2531

Android Enthusiast
Sep 23, 2009
dallas,tx
ok so this will be a large phone even without a case...im definitely going to use a screen protector, but is a case necessary? i may drop it 2-3 times in its entire life time...will a 3-4 ft drop actually break a phone or crack the screen??? maybe scratch the camera lense on the back? ive always had cases and maybe i havent needed one...thanks for your experiences in advance... :thinking:

I don't like taking any chances with these phones...yes, a drop from 3-4ft onto asphalt when you get out of a truck will definitely (have a really good chance) crack/shatter a glass screen.

I really hope otterbox gets their butts in gear and makes a really good protective case for this phone.

Upvote 0
ok so this will be a large phone even without a case...im definitely going to use a screen protector, but is a case necessary? i may drop it 2-3 times in its entire life time...will a 3-4 ft drop actually break a phone or crack the screen??? maybe scratch the camera lense on the back? ive always had cases and maybe i havent needed one...thanks for your experiences in advance... :thinking:

Only you can answer this question. It depends on how carefull you are with a phone, if you have little kids, if you let them play with it, your work environment (construction vs. deskjob), etc.

For me, I look for a convenient carrying solution to wear on my belt. Not so much for drop protection as I've never dropped a phone any damaging distance in my life (43 years old). So yes I'll end up with a case of some sort. And no screen protector for me. They diminish the sensitivity and look like crap after a few weeks. I have 3 ipod touches and the screens are spotless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones