Do I really need a case???

Last Updated:

1. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so this will be a large phone even without a case...im definitely going to use a screen protector, but is a case necessary? i may drop it 2-3 times in its entire life time...will a 3-4 ft drop actually break a phone or crack the screen??? maybe scratch the camera lense on the back? ive always had cases and maybe i havent needed one...thanks for your experiences in advance... :confused:

Advertisement
  2. gibsonhtp

gibsonhtp Well-Known Member

I don't like taking any chances with these phones...yes, a drop from 3-4ft onto asphalt when you get out of a truck will definitely (have a really good chance) crack/shatter a glass screen.

I really hope otterbox gets their butts in gear and makes a really good protective case for this phone.

3. akayareal

akayareal Well-Known Member

I dont like putting phones in my pocket, especially a phone of that size. I will have a case for this phone without a doubt. I dont want anything breaking and then having to pay $100 for a refurb.

4. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member

5. rjjr2531

6. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

The phone's not even out yet. So how is anyone here going to really know how sturdy and vulnerable to damage this phone is really going to be?

7. rjjr2531

true that...im assuming it would be similar quality to other smartphones...idk...oh well,

8. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

well seeing how the fron is all glass, and the camera protrudes, build quality doesn't matter so this thread is valid.

to answer the OP question, yea, if you drop it onto asphalt it will break it, i hope they come with some nice cases for it, i hope incase makes something too, and a screen protector would be nice

9. Stolirocks

Stolirocks Banned

Only you can answer this question. It depends on how carefull you are with a phone, if you have little kids, if you let them play with it, your work environment (construction vs. deskjob), etc.

For me, I look for a convenient carrying solution to wear on my belt. Not so much for drop protection as I've never dropped a phone any damaging distance in my life (43 years old). So yes I'll end up with a case of some sort. And no screen protector for me. They diminish the sensitivity and look like crap after a few weeks. I have 3 ipod touches and the screens are spotless.

10. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

Well I see no choice but to get a miniature laptop case for this device. It does not fit in your pocket...

11. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

what on earth does one do with three ipod touches

12. shepx5

shepx5 Active Member

What, are you so bored with your Incredible already that you have nothing better to do than Troll the rest of the forums??