Do I really need to charge my DX before I use it the first time?Support

Last Updated:

1. simollie

simollie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

On the "Tips for extending battery life" page of the DX support, it specifically says "You should charge the battery overnight, or at least for three hours while powered off before using.".

Now the question is, when I open the FedEx package tonight, how on earth can I refrain myself from using the DX for THREE long hours?! These new batteries don't have a memory effect, right? Is it really necessary to charge the DX powered down?

Advertisement
  2. MAD-MAX

MAD-MAX Active Member

If the battery is charged USE IT!!!!!!!!

3. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

i dont think a single person has gotten a Droid X and plugged it in to charge, then sat patiently waiting on it to charge before using it, well... unless you get it right before bedtime...nah it'll never happen..lol use it!

4. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

Out of the box...I used mine till it shut off, then charged it fully before I turned it back on. I think I'm getting pretty good battery life out of it, 16 to 20 hours of moderate use.

simollie likes this.
  5. Lightninrod

Lightninrod Well-Known Member

Did the very same thing.

Use it and then charge it over night.

6. john0821

john0821 Well-Known Member

I charged mine when I had the chance then did a full drain only to fully charge it again. I ended up doing another full drain/complete charge but only because I wanted the battery to sync with my battery app. But yea, these batteries do not need to be babied other than maybe monitoring temperature.