Do Nexus phones have any way to link a Google contact with a Facebook contact?Support

Last Updated:

1. phil35

phil35 Active Member

My only Android phone has been a HTC Desire that I am currently still using. I'm hopefully going to purchase the N4 tomorrow. One thing that I was wondering about, it the ability to link my Google contacts to their Facebook profile.

HTC Sense managed this pretty well, it imported all your Facebook contacts, and linked each of your Google contacts to it so that their Facebook display pictures and other things showed up, without actually overwriting the Google contact data.

Do Nexus phone have the same sort of built in functionality? Or are my Google contacts likely to all be photo-less?

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

You can get an app (free I think) from Google Play called SyncMyPix - should work a treat.

Otherwise, you are correct - functionality is not built in. Legal issues if I remember correctly...
  3. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

I believe it works that way with any Android phone. I've had 2 different LG phones and with both, I was given the option to sync my Facebook contacts (once I added and set up my Facebook app). Once the contacts have been sync'd my Google account contacts had pictures.
  4. phil35

phil35 Active Member

That's great to hear, thanks. If it doesn't work automatically, I'll use SyncMyPix! Thanks guys.
  5. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

JunBringer likes this.
  6. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member

I use an app called basically "fb contact-sync". Works great for me.
  7. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

It used to. In gingerbread (on Nexus phones) and ICS (all others) Google no longer allowed Facebook to break the rules and sync information one way. Prior to that Google had made an exception for Facebook.

I like Haxsync for syncing high res contact photos.
    alfick3 likes this.
  8. marshalex

marshalex Well-Known Member

I used this application to sync my contacts. Only works if your phone contact name matches the Facebook name for starters and it blitzed battery/processor while it was updating (took quite a while too)
  9. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Haxsync allows you to manually link contacts it doesn't recognise.