Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. ramanmilan

ramanmilan Well-Known Member

you can get your money back
    MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

If you are not satisfied with the screen protectors we will give you your money back!

3. antipesto93

yeah i am :) no reply from them though

4. ramanmilan

ramanmilan Well-Known Member

okay cool
    looks like it was dispatched from Germany so it should be good.
    you might have got a faulty piece or something

5. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

i bought some from germany, and they sound liek the ones you bought. First application i'm like WTF?

Its really thin and fiddly, you NEED to use a credit card to apply it. Its a tough one to apply, but once you do its a very good protector.

I'm tempted to blame you, not the screen protector :p But I know how hard these damn things are to apply properly. This one from Germany is much ahrder than ones i've previously used, but then again it is a lot thinner.

6. antipesto93

yeah thin and fiddly, first application i ruined it...but then second..third ...4th...5th...6thh i did use a card, and as i was doing it it looked like it was working, but because they were so think bubbles were created really easily
    they also didnt even fit properly,there were abour 1 or 2mm shot so you can see the edge of the screenprotector...relly bad...
    i contacted them and the most they could do was send me another 6, so hopefully i will get one of those right

7. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

I have just received these exact ones yesterday (unfortunately, I hadn't seen this thread!)

Yes they're cheap, and yes there were 6 of them, but given the choice I would rather pay more for better quality.

Having said that, I managed to get rid of all the bubbles (just about), and I hardly notice the sticky surface now...

8. Talexe

Talexe Member

I've a couple of quick questions about screen protectors if you don't mind!

1. I've pre-ordered the official HTC screen protectors from Play. Should I hold off using my phone too much until they arrive, or am I being a bit too paranoid about getting a few fingerprints on the screen?
    2. On a related note, should I make sure the screen is absolutely free of prints before I apply a screen protector?
    3. Should I use a pouch to hold my phone or will a 'skin' be fine?

9. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

I am exactly in the same position as yourself. I have ordered HTC screen protectors off play.com too, and at the moment have no other means of protecting the screen. I take the phone out with me, but i wrap a soft non abrasive cloth round it to protect it.

The screen protectors from play.com cant come quick enough for me!

10. antipesto93

You can use it normally, just make sure you dont drop / put it in a pocket that has any grit in it, i used since the release day, and still no scratches,

It must be COMPLETLY clean, there must be NO dust, every piece or grit/dust will create a bubble, i just breath on the screen anduse tissue papear to clean it, hold it under sunlight, , put the screen protector on in a dust free zone

i have never used a pouch, i just use a screene protector, i like naked phones :) but i do have a pouch for when i am going to places it might get damaged

11. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Are there no screen protectors in the box???

12. zafonic

NO i'm afraid not.

13. Bearo

Bearo Well-Known Member

Personally i dont like the feel of screen protectors. Ive always just used flip cases because they protect your phone while in a pocket or just laying around and then when your using it you get a nice n' naked screen.

14. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

I bought them and they will do until I get better ones from Play.com

15. zafonic

I see the screen protector for the Desire on play.com has now changed from today's date to "this item will be dispatched as soon as it arrives."

Annoying!!

16. sajon44

sajon44 Member

i bought theese and must say they are cheap but what do you expect fpr that price.
    fair play to how good theese screens are nowadays,i'm a plumber and i had an iphone 3g rolling around in grit filled pockets,toolboxes etc etc with no screen protector and when i gave it to my daughter the other day the screen had two very small scratches on it after 18 months of heavy use,which i was damn impressed.

17. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard anything from Play yet? They said they were due in today and now all my order status says is 'order taken'.

18. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Active Member

My advice ( for what it's worth ! ) is NOT to use tissues to clean your phone prior to applying a screen protector. I've applied a few protectors to various phones and always use a micro fibre cloth, or even the little cleaning cloths that come supplied with the screen protectors.

As others have mentioned, the smallest tiniest peice of lint, fluff, dirt, grit WILL cause bubbles and once it's under the Screen Protector, it's a b*tch to get out. Tissues will always leave fluff and the tiniest bits behind.

If you have a laptop cleaning kit, or LCD cleaning kit, use that, the spray and cleaning cloth should leave your phone screen lint free.

19. nekromantik

nekromantik Well-Known Member

Im tempted to go for the Tuff-Luv Topcoat Enhanced Anti-Glare Screen protection for HTC / Google Nexus One.

Anyone tried that on the Desire?

I dunno if I can wait for the Play ones.

20. scokem

scokem Active Member

It's the same with the ones from Amazon with the title "6 x MEXXPROTECT Ultra Clear..." as I found out when I first got my Desire. Seeing as they were posted without any sort of card to keep them from being bent, mine arrived with five out of the six trashed and unusable! I was super careful in putting the only one on and it's awful to be honest... Seems you only have to glance at it and it scratches! Still, it's doing the job (just about) until the official ones arrive.

21. HTC_Desire

HTC_Desire Well-Known Member

The play ones which were supposed to have shipped yesterday have now been put back to the 28th according to their website.

22. trevytrev

I saw that, what a pain. I'm sure it's all to do with flights etc but would be nice if Play would keep the people with pre orders a bit more informed of what's going on

23. zafonic

I called HTC earlier this morning to ask if they could tell me when their screen protectors are going to be released. I spoke to a woman who was most unhelpful. It seems she had no idea that HTC will be releasing their own screen protectors, and suggested that i look on expansys at what they had for the Desire. When i mentioned that play.com are going to be selling the HTC ones and the fact that the release date keeps being put back she couldn't give me any answer at all.

Complete waste of time and money speaking to her.

24. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

I got these from ebay again from Germany. Total crap. I gave negative feedback as I didnt receive them in the first place then negative feedback as clingfilm is about as useful. They asked me to remove negative feedback as they want 100% positive - for selling crap??? Dont think so. Would rather waste

25. trevytrev

Ok, so I'm fed up of waiting for play so have just gone out and bought a universal screen protector from Carphone Warehouse. Just wondered if anyone has used these and will it come of nice and cleanly when the official HTC ones arrive. Of course the bloke in the shop said they would but I would rather get confirmation on here!