1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Do Not Disturb Feature?

1. 2euro

2euro Active Member

Hey tasker gurus. I was wondering if you can help me out with my current task. It's not working properly. Currently its sending everyone to voicemail no matter what for my Do Not Disturb profile.

What I want
    A "Do Not Disturb" feature similar to iPhone. Where if on, sends the caller to VM unless you are in my starred list.

My Tasker settings. I noticed 9 and 10 are reversed. I've fixed that.
    [​IMG]

Do Not Disturb end
    [​IMG]

Widget icon button
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Sounds like it would be a useful feature :)
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Totally different approach to what I did. I simply turned the volume down, then had a task triggered by a contact calling me that turned the volume up.

Wouldn't know how to start with voicemail though.
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

You have %CNUM in your context. That will always match the incoming number because it is the incoming number.

The Contacts action shows a list of contacts.

* This might help:
    http://tasker.wikidot.com/block-calls
  5. 2euro

2euro Active Member

Still no luck...

Anyone with more tasker experience care to add a how to?
  6. bberryhill0

How many numbers do you want to let through?
  7. 2euro

2euro Active Member

8. bberryhill0

You could write a profile for each one.
  9. 2euro

2euro Active Member

So, I've decided to go this route until I find a better option for turning on/off the "Do Not Disturb" feature.

When ON if a call comes in and they are not in my favorites list it will go straight to voicemail. Call Block basically has an EndCall task. To turn on unfortunately you have to open up tasker and click on the check. otherwise its got the red circle. For some reason I cannot create a widget icon on the desktop for an on/off method if its setup as a profile.
    [​IMG]
  10. bberryhill0

Widgets activate tasks so you could write a task that keeps the state (on or off) of the call blocker and switches it.
  11. 2euro

2euro Active Member

I'm scratching my head on this... what would be the option to check for state under task?
  12. bberryhill0

A variable that the new task maintains to keep track of whether the call blocker is on or off. Then use action Tasker> Profile Status to switch your profile on or off.
  13. 2euro

2euro Active Member

Awesome!! Thanks, bberryhill0! I got it working. I'll post my profile later if anyone is interested in the same feature.
    bberryhill0 likes this.
  14. 2euro

2euro Active Member

Here's the task I had created. Once you create this task you can then just create a widget to place on your main screen for the on/off switch. Also, you'll need to set up the profile on post #9 to accompany this.

The set tasker icon basically puts a lock icon on the notification bar. This is so that I know if the DnD is turned on or off. ;)
    [​IMG]
  15. 2euro

2euro Active Member

and... to make things more easier... I've included the profile and task xmls.

Dropbox...
    Task - DnD (you may have to rename to DND.tsk.xml)
    Profile - Block Calls (you may have to rename to Block_Calls.prf.xml)
  16. bberryhill0

If you use Else on line 7 you don't need the Goto on line 6 or the Stop on line 12.
  17. 2euro

2euro Active Member

good looking out! :)