Do not receive 100% of my texts on HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. ScumPuppy

ScumPuppy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does anyone else have this problem?

had the hero on its UK release date, only just starting to realise that I dont actually receive all my texts off people

Ive had texts of people saying 'did you get my text last night' or 'why havnt you replied' so I still receive texts off these people but seem to miss a few occasioanlly..

Rang Orange who dont seem to have it listed as a widespread fault, theres no firmware update available for this model yet either..

Orange are sending me a replacement handset so I will see if that helps but Im starting to wonder if other people are getting this, its not obvious straight away that its happening, Im only now starting to get people saying that I dont seem to be getting their texts sometimes, when I try to recreate the issue I cant..

All the people seem to be on O2 that I randomly dont receive texts from

anyone else havign this problem?

Advertisement
  2. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

yep. ive had a few also, but none (that i know of) within the last week or 2.

3. Antiman

Antiman Member

I have the same problem,only found out last night when a couple id mates said that they had texted me last weekend,its very annoying,what did orange think the problem was?

4. Mavve

Mavve New Member

Ive had the same issue over here in Sweden on a 3 Account. I reaaally hope this isnt a Hero problem, and that it was a one time problem.

If that is the case they must fix this asap, you cant call it a phone if you cant recive important information from your contacs. who the **** wants to gamble, in that case a nokia 5110 is better than this.

5. ScumPuppy

this is interesting..

so some of you have this problem with the hero who are NOT on the UK orange network?

This sounds like a phone problem then rather than a network problem

Orange asked me which network the phones are on that texted me and they were all on O2, so straight away she said that its a problem with O2 and its being looked into.. sounded like a fob off to me so i said Id monitor it and phone back next week if its still happening

Ive now texted all my contacts and asked them to call me if I dont reply within an hour to any texts in future so they can check I received it..

will be interesting how many people reply to this stating they have a problem, if its obvious theres alot of us it might prompt HTC to get it resolved

6. marcf

marcf Member

I'm here in the US on AT&T network. I've had the same thing happen to me. Not getting all of my txt's.

7. vman77

vman77 New Member

I'm on Vodafone and have had a few problems with txt's. My mate sent me a txt which i didn't receive.
    This might be a problem with the HTC HERO than the operator if the problem is widespread.

8. mattjones

mattjones Member

I had the same problem on T-mob. I deleted a bunch of txt message apps I was trialling and haven't had a problem since...

9. i_maq

i_maq Active Member

Same here, I've got an unlocked UK Hero on T-Mobile Uk, not getting all the txts people are sending me!

10. JaysonG

JaysonG New Member

I thought I had this problem but it turns out that I'm just not that popular.

11. invinciblervd

invinciblervd Member

Even I am facing the same problem... Mine is Unlocked Hero on O2 UK.

12. ScumPuppy

well, that settles it then.. you dont need much more evidence of a widespread problem than this do you :(

I will ring orange and complain, until this is resolved i will expect some sort of compensation

Might even give Engadget a heads up on this, a high profiel site like that picking this up might kick HTC up the A55 to resolve it

everyone reading this that has this problem please post a reply..

13. Antiman

Antiman Member

Hi,well you have my reply above,I have contacted Orange and flagged this as a problem and they said they had not heard about it before! That was yesterday .let us know how you get on

14. ScumPuppy

I rang them again today as Im still not getting all my texts but I am getting some, in fact i texted all my contacts and said if I dont reply the same day to ring me to tell me they have texted as it means I havnt received it..

I am going into orange tomorrow to have the handset replaced, i doubt it will fix it as it seems to be a HTC Hero fault and with no firmware update as yet it wont be fixed with a new handset, if this carries on a few days after changing the handset I will ask for compensation until its resolved, free line rental for a few months or something.. if they dont do that I will ask to be released form the contract as they must be in breach of contract by not receiving texts from people - its a huge fault in my eyes :(

I will then bite the bullet and go Iphone on O2.. I dont want to do that as I prefer this handset but its the next best option for me..

Im hoping this gets resolved anyway, Ive contacted Engadget.com and asked them to look into it, if they flag it as a potential issue on their site HTC will take notice and might try and get it fixed..

all we can do is get as many people who realise they have this issue post it somewhere like this so its made aware of.. I even gave the guy at Orange the URL of this page so they can see how widespread it seems to be

Its just hard for people to see they dont receive texts unless someone questions it, which for me took a few weeks before people started questioning why i wasnt replying :(

15. ScumPuppy

Still not getting all my texts, I am just keeping my fingers crossed this will be fixed by the firmware update that is looming.. if it doesnt i will have to try and get rid of the phone and contract.

Keeping fingers crossed it gets resolved though as I love this phone ;)

16. jonno

jonno Well-Known Member

I am not recieving all my texts either. I have the HTC Hero on an Orange UK contract. It is very annoying, the missus will phone me asking why I haven't replied to her messages.

Reading the above messages it seems its a Hero issue rather than an Orange issue.

17. cwaltherp22

cwaltherp22 Member

I also don't receive some of my sms messages. i am using a hero unlocked version. and sometimes my phone makes a sound that i am receiving an sms, but there is none. luckily i am already in conversation with that person so i know who texted me.

18. cwaltherp22

cwaltherp22 Member

maybe changing sim card will help????

19. enigma365

enigma365 Member

I'm also having this problem with an originally Orange branded hero, now unlocked on Vodafone. I have uninstalled my third party sms apps (handcent and chomp sms) to see if this will help. Do you any of you guys have these programs installed too?

20. enigma365

enigma365 Member

Actually the two people who have sent me texts that I havent received have both been on O2, I notice someone mentioned O2 above... Does this match other peoples experiences?

21. m1.carson

m1.carson Well-Known Member

Hi,

It seems I've got the same prob., Hero on Orange, been blaming the wife for the problem, Oops I think I shan't mention it could be my new phone.

Max.

22. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

it's interesting that Orange have themselves admitted there's a problem with Heros on Orange and paid apps in Market, that doesn't affect non-Orange Heros. You have to wonder if this SMS thing might be an Orange-branding issue, too?

23. i_maq

i_maq Active Member

It's not an Orange issue because I have an unlocked unbranded Hero with a T-Mobile sim and I've got the same issue.

24. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

ok.

I've had my Hero for a month, and not noticed an issue; that doesn't mean I don't have one, of course. Mine was bought SIM-free in the UK, and has a contract Vodafone SIM in it.

25. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

After having a good read of a lot of the issues on this forum, I think we are directing our anger in the wrong area.

We need to hassle HTC for the update. Orange won't do it for us, and won't rush to approve the update even if HTC release it.

When my other half called Orange to ask for a hero on upgrade, ther orange rep did her best to put her off it. Said they are being returned in their droves.

Shame really, the handset is amazing - just unreliable. Firmware WILL sort these issues out.