Do theme's use more power?

Last Updated:

1. bluemsw

bluemsw Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a Question, I had liquid froyo 1.6 on my phone with one of the available themes, compared to bb0.4 it used a lot more of the battery.Yes I had the same apps on the phone with the same widgets and using the phone in the same areas as I normally do. Also used it less than I have with bb 0.4. I went from 100% down to 90% in about 15 min. just using a IM Program. Do these phones have more drain with a theme installed. I know that blackberry's suffered from this problem. Thanks for the info.

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I'm no technical expert but I wouldn't imagine so. Themes are basically just replacing images with other images, AFAIK and I don't think that would cause the battery to drain significantly faster.

3. kevin24lg

kevin24lg Member

It could be argued that have a dark theme would use more battery power because the phone has to turn off those pixels. I'm also no expert, but I read that somewhere and if it's on the internet it must be true right?

Aside from that, try playing with different kernels. Different roms use different stock kernels. For me the best battery life and performance is with Chevy01 ULV kernels.

4. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Well-Known Member

my philosophy is that, if it's black less lighting being used...
    less power...
    hell I don't know, now you gonna make me theme a "light" version just to find out...
    DAMNIT

5. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

6. JTforPink

JTforPink Well-Known Member

Either way, if you use your phone a lot, light texts on dark backgrounds is WAY better for your eyes. So... charge your phone at night or need eye surgery later in life. My take on it :p