Do They Still Make T H E S E?

Last Updated: 2013-05-05 22:24:55
  1. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

You actually LIKE those? MAN! I liked the first few seconds of the taste of horehound sticks (with that dusty powdery substance)....but man o man when the REAL taste kicked in! I thought I did something BAD!

Speakinh of "horehond" and being bad, I feel horrible for how we used to treat these twin sisters back in high skool! Yep we used to yell in the halls "run! Here comes the hore - hounds!"

I hope they arent members on a f! No one would remember that except those involved....and I do feel bad. We three became friends before the sr year....but they STILL LOOKED LIKE....

[​IMG]
  2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

When it came to medicine - the lousier the taste, the better the medicine was for you.
    Cod Liver Oil anyone? If it tasted good, it didn't work.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  3. Rico ANDROID

Like, gag me totally with a greezy-spewn! You are right! The nastier the tsste, the better it worked! And codliver oil, thats some NASTY stuff. But I think castor oil, I mean a huge SOOP SPOON worth gotcha best...
  4. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Here's the one I miss -

[​IMG]

These little bites of chocolatey heaven were the SO freakin' good. If you've never tried them, trust me - you're missing out. When I was a kid, almost every convenience store had a plastic tub of these at the check-out counter. They do still make 'em, but they are really hard to find. I've had to resort to ordering them online a couple of times.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  5. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Never seen them before, was it a regional thing?
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  6. eyebeam

Rico ANDROID and SamuraiBigEd like this.
  7. Rico ANDROID

,....say W H A T ? youve NEVER ? eyebeam is right! Those morsels ARE a taste of HEAVEN on earth. Take a few over to "...The Den..." it is so good you could use them as bargaining chips and may escape a few "close calls!"

HEY! wayte uh minnitt, they have those in San-Anton!
    eyebeam likes this.
  8. SamuraiBigEd

I haven't seen them, but I don't do much candy any more unless it is these!

[​IMG]
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  9. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

On the other hand, a popular OTC medicine was Paregoric(sp?). It is camphorated tincture of opium.

I still see all the colors, man . . . far out, groovy.
  10. Bob Maxey

Love the Ice Cube. I fondly remember those, for sure.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  11. Rico ANDROID

Oh man, loved these. I used to buy them on a "pad"? Sort of like 10 to 12 bits o honeys on a paper slab wheee u could peel one off and pig-out!
  12. Bob Maxey

ABSOLUTELY! Horehound drops are great.

Google "salt Liquorice and order some of that. It is salted black Liquorice and it takes getting use to. There is, actually, a world of different types of Liquorice out there. Including a carbonated beverage (or once was, someone Google, quick) that was flavored like chocolate Liquorice.

Very nice stuff indeed.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  13. SamuraiBigEd

Yep, but the individually wrapped are much easier to open (the wax paper inside the bar would get stuck and tear off with the candy) and carry!
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  14. eyebeam

Oh yeah! Bit-O-Honey was a really underrated candy for sure.
    Rico ANDROID and SamuraiBigEd like this.
  15. Bob Maxey

Now I want me some BOH. Any form or size. And a large glass of milk.

Trust me on this, a BOH is great with milk. So are malted milk balls, Snickers, Hershey's Kisses, Butterfingers and beef jerkey.
    Rico ANDROID likes this.
  16. Rico ANDROID

Hey look what I got via Fed Ex yesterday! Used to eat this brand as a kid. Found a co. that bought them out years ago amd sent free cans after contacting them

[​IMG]
  17. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

I know Bob will remember this one...with the comic strip came inside the wrapper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Granite1 likes this.
  18. Rico ANDROID

I remember those! Very sweet bubble gum!
  19. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member

And it was hard as a rock! Not at all like today's over-processed over-preserved imitation bubble gum. Tasted so much better back then.
  20. zuben el genub

Bubblegum:
    It was Fleers or TOPS and it had baseball cards inside.
  21. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

The ultimate question that is for real and matters sooo much.. is.. do ... they still make these like they used to!?

:'(

[​IMG]

THEY NEVER MAKE THEM DOG POOPS LIKE THE USED TOO!!!111!

:-(
  22. zuben el genub

Dogs have a larger variety in their diet today. You can see this in disintegrating dog poop in the park. Mittens, pieces of plastic, you name it.
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  23. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

What happened to the white dog poop? Never see that anymore lol.
    Stinky Stinky and Rico ANDROID like this.
  24. Rico ANDROID

Oh man! Lol! Now THAT for sure is a piece of nostalgicana! (rofl)...and I had to log on because we had the honor of royalty presence! King Stinky Stinkcefas is here! Hey STINKY!

I did have a bubblegum comment but I think I can blend it in wirh the Stinky-Stinkster post (which is true ...they dont "make" it like they used to...lol:

Oh, my bubblebgum post: remember when it seemed that bubblebgum went cheap on us? Regarding "consistency", remember those flat bubble gumn"sheets" that sort of crumble as u bite down? Felt stale?
    [​IMG]
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  25. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

They don't use ash in the food anymore as a filler.

Some of the meat that goes into dog / cat food is a higher grade than goes into some cheap brands of pies and sausages.....trust me I used to work in an abattoir.