Do u desire some basic security? Does Desire has it at all?

Last Updated:

1. johnpda

johnpda New Member This Topic's Starter

when i was using iphone with its 32gb of memory, it was enough for me.

Im about to get the Desire - with its limited internal memory, i want to ask will the sync data from my Outlook personal data like contacts, calender and emails be stored in the ROM or the micro sd card or can we choose that options? i know gmail can store all of this, but im not keen to use that at all.

If its in the ROM, with balance of just (70plus mb) how many of contacts, calenders and emails can i stored?

MY MAIN CONCERN COMES IF MY HTC DESIRE GETS LOST, I DO NOT WANT
    THE FINDER TO ACCESS ANY OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION. BC I KNOW IF I STORED THOSE PERSONAL DATA IN THE MICRO SD CARD, ALL THE FINDER NEED IS A CARD READER AND ALL MY DATA CAN BE TRANSFER TO A PC TO BE READ.

anyone could help address this?

ALSO, CAN DATA STORED IN THE MICRO SD CARD BE ENCRYPTED, PROTECTED BY PASSWORD, OR BLOCKED OUT?

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

To get this started right off, no, you cannot encrypt your memory card.

But things like contacts, emails and such will be stored on the phone's internal rom. And 70 MB is a lot for these things, so I wouldn't worry unless you had thousands of contacts or very image heavy emails.

3. johnpda

johnpda New Member This Topic's Starter

hey dude, this is forum hijacking man. u shd start another new thread. pls action.