Do we have a magnetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jermflux

Jermflux Active Member This Topic's Starter

I apologize ahead of time if this has been covered. I did a search and did not find much.
    I was really looking forward to a nice desktop cradle for work and the bed stand. One reason I

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

no we do not

3. Jermflux

See that just confuses me more, lol. How are we able to have a compass? I installed a compass app and then compared it to the compass that came in my FJ Cruiser and it's dead on. Also, if I put a magnet up to it while the compass app is on, I can manipulate the compass needle any way I want. What is being used to be able to do this?

4. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

We do have a magnetometer (detects magnetic fields). It is how the built in compass works.

You were told incorrectly on why the docks were canceled. The Incredible runs HTC's UI known as Sense. HTC Sense does not run in landscape mode, so landscape docks would not have worked with it. Now, there are third party apps that work around this and people make their own docks, so you can still have what you want.

5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

and those apps work bc it messes with the magnetmeter but no there is no magnet

6. Jermflux

Ok, so we have a magnometer, why do things like car panel not take advantage of it? There is an option for automatic this and that in "car kit mode" in the car panel settings yet it can't be activated. Is this also a sence thing? Does root get rid of HTC sence? If so, does "car kit mode" activate when in the car dock once rooted? Will Froyo solve these problems? Will man walk on Mars in my lifetime?!?!