Do we need a "GPS" sub-forum?

Should the moderators create a new sub-forum for the Captivate "GPS" issues?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    23.1%

Last Updated:

1. ZDroid1

ZDroid1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So many people want to talk about the big Samsung F-up (aka GPS problems), and so many people just don't want to hear about it.

Would you recommend that the mods create a new Captivate sub-forum for the GPS problem?

What would you call it?

My vote is Yes and I would call it "Captivate GPS problems". This should satisfy both sides: the opposing side gets to ignore it completely, and the proponents get to amplify it with its own subcategory and no one would complain about them "whining" (I'm one of the "whiners").

I personally would insist on a title with a negative connotation (like 'problems'), and let it be our humble effort to increase the public awareness of the problem so Samsung gets the message and our complaints serve a purpose using this public forum.

Advertisement
  2. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

I've already proposed Captivate - All Things GPS to a mod to eliminate having to sift through all the related threads.

Sorry - it doesn't have a negative connotation.

3. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

perfect idea!, im sure this isnt what they really want, to segment us, but it would be good.

p.s. didnt you say your gps is working perfect since the last update?

EDIT: i just read the p.s. and it sounds like im being an ass, im not, i am seriously asking, interested. sorry if it sounds like im being sarcastic

4. ShannonPricePhoto

ShannonPricePhoto Active Member

GPS & update issues is my vote.... as in TWO new segments...

5. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

It seems the assumption here is that the problem is just having posts for GPS. Seems if that is the problem, all the people that don't like it need to do is ignore them.

6. ZDroid1

It stopped working today. It worked perfectly yesterday. Now it's sporadic, often completely useless.

7. ZDroid1

But we're flooding the main forum, often pushing other threads down the list.

8. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

I think this is a great idea, but I doubt the mods will create a subforum just for one issue that in thoery will be fixed (yea I know, I'm not holding my breth either). It would be like creating a sub forum related to issues with the recent update, that topic will only last so long.

In the mean time I have added all of the GPS related threads to the main sticky. But again I do think this is a great idea

9. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I guess so

I'm OK with it either way. I don't see pushing it down the list as that big a deal. If someone isn't interested enough to go through 2 or 3 pages, then they aren't that interested.

On another note, as has been pointed out often, the fact is a lot of the many posts could, and maybe should, have been replies in existing posts. I think part of the issue wiht that is so many users new to the forum, and with many of them new to Smartphones, then likely they are new to forum etiquette/use.

If Samsung would just fix the darned thing, it'll be a moot point anyway. I sure hope that happens soon.

10. ZDroid1

I personally don't think a fix is possible. I think it's an antenna issue. The gps reception is just so bad, IMO. See my "Captivate radiation level" thread in the signature.

11. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

No. They're better off creating the "fanboy/I don't need that feature to work" subforum so all the fanboys can go talk about how they don't need their smartphone to function as a smartphone because they have dedicated GPS units or MP3 players or laptops, etc.

I want to see issues that relate to daily usage front and center.

boomerbubba likes this.
  12. ZDroid1

I suggest an alternative name for your proposed subforum: "Captivate: We love you no matter what." lol

13. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jack plus one for a GPS sticky or subforum until it's fixed or less problems.

14. jengle

jengle New Member

Let it die a natural death. Hopefully in the next month or so it will become a moot point. So I vote no. :rolleyes:

15. mckooter

mckooter Well-Known Member

actually i changed my opinion, why cant you guys just discuss everything related to gps' in one thread, maybe title it GPS, there is really no reason for so many threads on it, although they seem to be being cleaned up now.