do we need screen guard ?Tips

Last Updated: 2012-09-29 23:00:18
  1. sowonder

sowonder Member

Hello guys ,

I am planning to take one screen gaurd ( samsung`s one ) which costs around 650 bugs in INDIA , is it worth ? or please suggest me some good ones ..

Thanks in advance .

Advertisement
  2. davidtxs2011

davidtxs2011 Member

I got one when i bought this its case helps alot in holding the fone i ifnd it kinda slick without the case buttun cutouts r spot on too
    Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon and International Carriers) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories
  3. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Well-Known Member

I use some of the apps on my phone for work, so when I got my new S3 last week I got a silicone case for it and a Zagg screen protector so that the phone would not get damaged in my uniform pocket. My phone is well protected and works ok but the fine slickness of the screen as been diminished. Its no big deal but I guess as with most things the disadvantages have to be offset against the advantages. I retire in two years so I shall not be putting a screen protector on my next phone.
  4. mikes1

mikes1 Well-Known Member

It depends on how safe you are. I don't use a screen protector and my screen is perfectly fine. I never drop my phones and usually I go without a case too so I have no need for a screen protector. But if you have previously dropped or scratched phones then yeah get one
  5. Lato9905

Lato9905 Well-Known Member

You pay in bugs in India? Tell me more.
  6. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

You don't need a screen protector unless you carry the phone in an environment where there is a lot of abrasive materiel, such as sand, than can rub on the screen. All you really need is a case.
  7. donmeca2020

donmeca2020 Well-Known Member

i've owned mine for a month now. only protection i have is my otterbox commuter case. i have yet to hurt my screen
  8. r12rtpilot

r12rtpilot Well-Known Member

The phone is very slim and the screen is slick...and I have large hands.:D

For me, a silicon back protector and a screen protector give the phone some "feel." Maybe not so likely to fumble it now...

Steve
  9. r12rtpilot

r12rtpilot Well-Known Member

In Soviet Russia, bug pay us!
  10. 82k

82k New Member

I'd say yes, my phone always gets scratched somehow in my pocket or dust gets under the screen.
  11. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

You have to think of the eventual resale value of your phone. I bought my GS2 used with a couple of scratches to the screen and it acquired a couple more. If you apply the screen protector carefully it is barely noticeable.