• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do we really need DUAL CORE?

If a phone with a dual-core processor is available for an affordable price compared to a single-core one by the time I'm due for my final NE2 upgrade (in July), I am definitely going to opt for that option, even if the extra processing power doesn't seem like a necessity at the time. Why? Because I want a device that is going to stand the test of time and not be outdated too quickly, particularly because after our next upgrades, New Every 2 will no longer be available to us.

Me too. My NE2 is up in May. I'll do my research in April and see what the market looks like.

Upvote 0
I don't know how much a trust a timeline.

They say that it's going to be in phones by year's end so if I'm lucky, I'll see it within my lifetime. :rolleyes:

But yeah, I saw this article today too as I was coming home and reading Engadget on my fast-aging Droid. Quad-core is just unnecessary. A quad-core is a waste even on a desktop, why would I want it in a tablet, or worse, a smartphone? I think I may end up with the Galaxy S II on a 1-year contract at this point, because I can't deal with the Droid for another year and I'm not thrilled with the choices announced at CES and MWC (no good physical keyboard phones? What the hell? :thinking:).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones