1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Do wifi and 3G conflictGeneral

1. somanyapps

somanyapps Well-Known Member

This is not scientific, but it is something I've experienced. More than once I've been in a location that had both 3G coverage (4-5 bars) and a wifi connection and yet it seems the response in downloading data was slow. I would turn off the wifi, still getting good 3G, and it performed better. Is there some sort of conflict that results with access to both networks? It is possible that it was just a fluke in those instances, but I do wonder. At home, where the phone network is not as good, I don't think I've noticed it. In this case I would think it is using the best, which is always the wifi.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Typically no....3g is usually shut down/asleep when wifi is connected
  3. Lombardi

Lombardi Well-Known Member

I had a similiar experience today. I finally got the eu3k froyo update and when dowloaded, I thought I had the data turned off, both the wifi and 3g were peaking. Idk if it was because it was an oem ota or what but they defineatly will work together.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I have had that happen a few times

if you have gps on AND have "use sensor aiding" checked in location and security your phone will use gps, wifi and 3g to enhance your web browsing experience.

Try turning gps off...uncheck that box first