Do you accidentally hang up on people with the Ally?Support

Last Updated:

1. athenssmile

athenssmile Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have the original droid and my cheek constantly hangs up on people or mutes them. I posted a thread in the lounge to see if anyone knew of a smartphone that does not have this problem and someone suggested the Ally. I wanted a few more opinions, so I am wondering if you Ally users have any problems with hanging up on people accidentally. I read the Ally has a physical end call button. Does this mean you can't end a call using the touchscreen (said with fingers crossed)? I believe that would solve my problem.

Advertisement
  2. Qasar

Qasar Member

The proximity sensor near the top, left corner of the Ally will detect when the phone is pulled upright to your face and lock the screen automatically. It will automatically unlock when you pull the phone away from your ear. You can also lock the screen manually with the On-Screen Lock button that shows once you are connected to a call, or begin sending a call.

You can use either the On-Screen End button or the physical Power/End Button to end a call. However, it seems that if the person you were talking is quick to hung up, the Power/End Button might sometimes lock the screen... but at least you haven't hang-up on anyone abruptly.

The proximity sensor is also supposed to help avoid pocket dialing, but I tend to lock the screen with the Power/End button before putting the phone back into my pocket.