1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General Do you actually use your s-pen?

1. lcsolano

lcsolano Member

Just a question out of curiosity, because I almost never use it.

:)

Advertisement
  2. JCHNanty

JCHNanty Member

Yeah I do.... In Draw something and I find the snote app very useful for shopping list as i am old and my memory is S***te
  3. TheGr81

TheGr81 Well-Known Member

I use it for Draw Something and that's it
  4. jinntonic

jinntonic Member

Everyday, it doesn't smudge your screen like a finger...
  5. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

Tried it first day when I got the note, never used since.
  6. aharmsworth

aharmsworth Member

Continuously use the pen.

I write all my meeting notes and documents - Just went on a trip to Ottawa for 2 days of meetings and fire tests. Took my Note and laptop. Never touched the laptop - did everything on my Note - meeting notes, wrote reports, answered emails, photographs.

Andrew
  7. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Well-Known Member

I use it often for all sorts. Sometimes just in place of my fat digits.
  8. phredog

phredog Well-Known Member

I bought mine because of the pen. My fingers are too big. I am 6'3". My hands are huge.
  9. Gr13zly

Gr13zly Member

I just got my Note Saturday and really like the pen. I use it pretty much all the time and can't see me stopping...
  10. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Sometimes I use it a lot and sometimes not. To be honestly I haven't yet really tacklde the pen-centric Samsung apps, which I intend to do soon. But I do find the pen useful for other things.

Ian
  11. perpetualjon

perpetualjon Active Member

If I'm doing a lot of browsing, I'll use the pen so I can click on links without having to zoom in...
  12. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

Actually, tell a lie, i have used it once and it came in very handy.

I scanned a bank statement with note that i needed to email, and i didnt want them seeing all the figures going in and out of my account, so drawing black lines through the bits of info that i didnt want them to see was very easy. With my previous phone i had to zoom right and blank it with my finger. with the s pen, it was so quick and accurate.

but yeah, that's legitimately the only time i've had a use for the pen.
  13. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

I have taken a note or five with the stylus, but that was not the main reason I wanted one. Around here it can get down to -18c (-2 Fahrenheit) and I need to wear big gloves. The stylus will allow me to continue using the phone in those temperatures with comfort ;)

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.
  14. mrcaptain

mrcaptain Well-Known Member

I use it every day. I alternate between my finger and pen, most probably using the pen more.
  15. yegon

yegon Well-Known Member

Never.
  16. kavinci code

kavinci code New Member

rarely, only when i remember of it.
  17. Nightowl67

Nightowl67 New Member

I think I would use it all the time if it was in the top right corner instead of the bottom like my Treo was. It's not comfortable for me to pull it out of the bottom.
  18. lcsolano

lcsolano Member

It is indeed. As I told, I almost never use it and when I needed it, most of the time I touched the back button :mad:
  19. Mattdb

Mattdb Member

Rarely also I have a case and I can't get the pen out.
  20. JoshShepherd

JoshShepherd Active Member

Only ever use it to take screen shots and to play with on S Memo.
  21. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Used the pen only last night to take everyone's orders before phoning the Chinese takeaway :)

An annoying thing with s-Note though is that if the phone goes to sleep an unsaved note gets lost!

Ian
  22. phredog

phredog Well-Known Member

Got so frustrated I tossed mine out. Some days it works, but most of the time it detects taps 3 cm above the display.
  23. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Well-Known Member

I use mine every single day. I'd be lost without it.
  24. banko

banko Member

and me
  25. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

As of now I have something like 200 notes, all drawn and done with the S Pen... So yes I do!