Do you actually use your s-pen?General

Last Updated:

1. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member

I use mine a lot .. especially for messaging on a sliding keyboard, it's much easier and more precise than my finger. I also use it for Draw Something and Wordfeud, and occasionally for notes, but I often just jot those down on a bit of paper.
    I would miss it if I swopped to a phone without it.

Advertisement
  2. mlk2

mlk2 Well-Known Member

I used to but my pen makes these ugly "tracks" in the protective screen so I cant use it anymore.
  3. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

I use my s-pen quite a lot and find it extremely useful for taking notes and as another poster said, it's also very handy for navigating websites that have mouse over menus etc.
  4. fairycorpse

fairycorpse Active Member

All my classes are online except one, I use it ti take notes in that one class. Then again when I'm using Smemo to edit pictures. And to write long emails, for me its faster.
  5. Pcrat

Pcrat Member

i use it to jot down notes, its easier to explain notes to myself when i write it rather than trying to type and make mistakes and forget what i was trying to type lol. but i dont use it for every day use taping on icons or nothing, nooo
  6. ebusinesstutor

ebusinesstutor Well-Known Member

I don't use it as much as I thought I would because it doesn't work with more than the few apps that came with it.

I use Out of Milk as my grocery list and SpringPad for notes and would love to use the spen on these, but it won't work. :(
  7. edlps

edlps Member

always every day in s note, i must have 200 notes on my note
  8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

No, because every time I reboot the phone the s-pen reverts to right-handed mode (I'm left-handed) and I can't be bothered to change it back to left-handed in settings every time I want to use it. Hopefully JB will fix it.
  9. aidjek

aidjek Member

Use in extra cause when need to write anything
  10. irieone

irieone Well-Known Member

Im useing my s pen right now to Post this. I love the write to text feature!
  11. irieone

l am a Lefty also and mine never switches back to right handed
  12. dorrien12

dorrien12 Member

What app did you use to scan on a note?
  13. bluenova

Really? The option will still say left-handed after a reboot but if you turn on 'Hovering pen icon' you see it's setup for a right-handed when you try and hover. So in order to correct I have to change it to right-handed then back to left. Can you try and see?
  14. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

This S-Pen has become an extension of my hand. I don't do anything on my phone without it except for the occasional button presses that require a finger.

It's completely natural for me because I'm one who never wished the stylus into oblivion. There was a time when stylus was king until S Jobs decided capacitive touch screens would be the wave of the future.

I'm delighted Samsung made it a come back in the form of the S-Pen. Sure some may never use it but there's a lot like me who embrace it's brilliance.
  15. fairhsa

fairhsa Member

I use mine all the time. I HATE the touch screen keyboard - I find just handwriting much faster and the recognition is fabulous. It's the reason I keep the Note and the reason I am considering getting a larger one as well!
  16. greggstroud

greggstroud Member

Thinking about getting this tablet as I'm getting an android phone, and I'm replacing my ipad 2. I'm thnking ill never use the s pen tho. Is it still worth getting if I don't?
  17. bluenova

From someone who rarely uses the S-Pen I'd say yes it's worth it. I'm so used to the screen real-estate now that using my wife's Galaxy SII is painful.
  18. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

Only for Screen shots. If there was a less cumbersome note widget where I could quickly write down stuff I'd probably use it much more.
  19. fairycorpse

fairycorpse Active Member

apparently I'm the odd Person who actually uses the stylus frequently. My only issue is the random capital letter that pops up while writting.
  20. bluenova

Why for screen-shots? Just swipe your hand across the screen.
  21. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Well-Known Member

fairycorpse likes this.
  22. irieone

I tryed this and mine is still set for left handed even after reboot. It never changes
  23. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

Are you pulling my leg... ? That doesn't do anything for me.
  24. Howard Hopkinson

Howard Hopkinson Well-Known Member

The way I use my hand to take screen shots is I place the edge of my right hand on the right hand edge of the screen and simply swipe it to the left. It works every time without fail.
  25. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

How are you positioning your hand? The position should be like a karate chop from edge to edge.