• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you believe aliens exist?

Do you believe aliens exist?

• Yes

Votes: 73 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 14 16.1%

• Total voters
Actually, we almost got wiped out ~70,000 years ago during a volcano event that spread ash 6 inches deep throughout the entire habitable zone of homo sapiens. Only several thousand of us survived - the really smart (and lucky!) ones.

Toba catastrophe theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup, well almost didn't quite cut it.

This reminds me of a funny 'Frank & Ernest' cartoon I saw WAAAAY back in the 80's. It was Earth talking to Mars, and he's telling Mars that he's sick again. Mars asks him, "what, that case of the dinosaurs? I thought you got rid of that problem"? And Earth replies, "yes but now I have a new problem, 'PEOPLE'! It's terrible, it's spreading everywhere, I've tried everything to get rid of them... earth quakes, tornados, volcanos... nothing is working"!

Then Mars backs waaaay back and says, "it's not contageous, is it"???

Lol... that wasn't word for word or anything, just how I remember it. Hell that was 20 years ago! haha

Upvote 0
'Next time'??? Haven't you ever seen 'Men in Black'? They are here everyday, all day, 24/7/365!

God I wish once they've developed one of those transporters, then next sci-fi technology they decide to turn into a reality is one of those little flashy thingys like they carry in 'MIB'. I could really use the ability to make people forget the past few hours, days or years!

Upvote 0
Absolutely (just kidding)

They are all around you, and you know them as Apple fanboys.

It's the reason AT&T got a bad rap.

The problem is Apple's crappy chip (not the iPhone) that they've used in the AT&T iPhone which is not completely compatible with the network.

The reason everyone is convinced it's AT&T is because Apple is a very powerful company headed by front man Steve Jobs, the BEST sales man and con man in the world! That's a fact people!

And I have nothing against him. I remember the "good old" Steve Jobs in the early days of Apple.

Before the money and power went to his head and he morphed into the con man he is today.

It's not Apple products that are great, yes they are good, but not the best in the business. It's that they are shiny, fancy, and Steve's got the world believing there is nothing better than an Apple product.

I give him credit (although I don't like his ways) for being so convincing that he has conned the public and the world into thinking Apple is the very best.

And I AM NOT APPLE BASHING.. I use their laptops, and I have an iPhone myself, as a phone it's total trash, the rest of it is just fine.

Yet that said in my opinion nothing beats Android as a mobile OS, and I am a professional in the industry specializing in computer science and electrical engineering with the masters degrees to back it up. I'm not bragging just giving you a bit of background so you don't think I'm trolling.

I am platform neutral working in an environment where we do work with Windows 7, Linux, Unix, and OS X. We also work with mobile Operating systems as well.

I'm a hard core tech lover that wants competition to prevail. I want everyone to succeed as the more the better. I have an open minded approach to all carriers phones and tech companies.

So there's my 4 cents!

Cheers... :)

Upvote 0
Absolutely (just kidding)

They are all around you, and you know them as Apple fanboys.

It's the reason AT&T got a bad rap.

The problem is Apple's crappy chip (not the iPhone) that they've used in the AT&T iPhone which is not completely compatible with the network.

The reason everyone is convinced it's AT&T is because Apple is a very powerful company headed by front man Steve Jobs, the BEST sales man and con man in the world! That's a fact people!

And I have nothing against him. I remember the "good old" Steve Jobs in the early days of Apple.

Before the money and power went to his head and he morphed into the con man he is today.

It's not Apple products that are great, yes they are good, but not the best in the business. It's that they are shiny, fancy, and Steve's got the world believing there is nothing better than an Apple product.

I give him credit (although I don't like his ways) for being so convincing that he has conned the public and the world into thinking Apple is the very best.

And I AM NOT APPLE BASHING.. I use their laptops, and I have an iPhone myself, as a phone it's total trash, the rest of it is just fine.

Yet that said in my opinion nothing beats Android as a mobile OS, and I am a professional in the industry specializing in computer science and electrical engineering with the masters degrees to back it up. I'm not bragging just giving you a bit of background so you don't think I'm trolling.

I am platform neutral working in an environment where we do work with Windows 7, Linux, Unix, and OS X. We also work with mobile Operating systems as well.

I'm a hard core tech lover that wants competition to prevail. I want everyone to succeed as the more the better. I have an open minded approach to all carriers phones and tech companies.

So there's my 4 cents!

Cheers... :)

Umm... I'm guessing you posted this in the wrong thread... I don't see how this pertains to aliens at all... unless it is your contention that Steve Jobs IS an alien...

Upvote 0
I like your point of view. I admire people who can stand in the middle of the road during rush hour and resist the urge to jump to one side or the other. All the nonsense that goes on in this feud, it's like splitting hairs for the most part. It's like throwing up a picture of two gorgeous women and arguing over which is the hotter of the two.

But this isn't exactly the thread for such a discussion. You should post in "iPhone fever" or somewhere like that where this comparison is more on topic.

Party on Garth.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Good point, and one which Carl Sagan used to often emphasize.

Not to mention the "distance" of time.

The universe is around 15 billion years old, so civilizations could have come and gone many many times before we were around.

Heck, our planet has only existed for around 4 billion years, leaving 9 billion years before us for smart beings to arise and decline for all the reasons and more that we've discovered living things have become extinct right here on Earth.

Good stuff.. Carl Sagan is awesome!

Upvote 0
Yes, I can state that they do exist. And they are also intelligent and visiting us.

How do I know?

Well I feel that they do.

I have also come to this conclusion after using reasoning. You see, in an infinite Universe, where anything is possible, then it must be possible.

Also, you are unable to provide me evidence that they don't visit the Earth, therefore I know they exist. It is fact.

So in short, we know that:

a)Aliens exist
b)They are intelligent
c)They are visiting us
d)They don't like gays

I also know it is true because I was taught that it is true from being a baby.

haha if aliens exist they would have found us already or we would have found them

Upvote 0
Either aliens exist or they don't. If they do exist then they're either more advanced than us or less advanced than us. If they're less advanced than us, then we'll never see them in our lifetime 'cuz we won't have the technology to leave our solar system any time soon and they won't have the technology to visit us either since they're less advanced than us. If they exist and they're more advanced than us, then either they're already here or have been here and we can't detect them at all (possibly because their advanced technology shields them) or they have no interest in coming here or they're so far away that they can't get here if they wanted to despite their advanced technology. In any case, there's no evidence they've ever been here or are here now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones