Do you guys think we are gonna get the 3.0 update (for the vibrant that is)

Last Updated:

1. rahuldang

rahuldang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just wondering because our phone does meet the requirements for android 3.0: 1 ghz processor, 3.5 inch screen or larger, etc. what do you guys think? i know samsung has already stated that we will be getting a 2.2 update but i can't help myself from thinking ahead :)

Advertisement
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

I am sure we will get it all in good time, but just enjoy your amazing phone for what it is right now. It is so much fun already, and first we will get froyo, before we can even consider gingerbread. Enjoy today for tomorrow may never come.

3. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

I'm just hoping the fix the GPS problems with the 2.1 build... Then I will be happy.

4. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

you do realize Google already came out and said that those minimum specs were bogus right? Also take this with a grain of salt, but my girlfriend works for T-Mobile and she had attended the Vibrant training with a bunch of people from Samsung, and she had asked about 3.0, and they said it will get it, but there is no date(which of course makes sense since Google hasn't put a date on 3.0 as of yet)

Take that as you will, but this is what she told me a few of the Samsung reps had said.

5. jree

jree Well-Known Member

Lets work on getting 2.2 first :p

6. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I don't see why we wouldn't but the way it looks it looks like 3.0 won't be released until October or november time which would mean maybe late december or early next years time.

7. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...I would be perfectly content for a time as well. I'd looked at app utilizing GPS and it appeared something was amiss...then I found all the forum threads! Freakish misery, I tell ya...:mad:

8. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Lets work on getting an update for the GPS first, then worry about android 3.0. They way it is going so far, there won't be a GPS update and no Android 3.0 till 2050.

9. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

The way it's been going? The phone has been out for 13 days. Patience is a good virtue to have.

10. SamsungVibrant

Umm actually the galaxy S has been released around the world prior to t-mobile getting it, and all world phones are having GPS problems, I wasn't just refering to the vibrant.

11. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

yeah you guys should.. like 3-4 months after the nexus however

12. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

The Nexus is a dead phone... so I wouldnt bet on it being so long after....

13. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Hey dude ... Got the Vibrant myself and loving it ...

Hope all is well with you ...

14. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Alledgedly all Galaxy S phones will be getting 3.0. Thats what ive been reading anyways. Who knows how long it will take. Wont even get 2.2 till end of Sept and Gingerbread is supposed to roll out in Oct by the end of the year.

15. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

dead to the public, but it remains a dev phone. why you think that is?

16. nickdog670

nickdog670 Well-Known Member

All of the new high top of the line HTC phones are the dev phones. First it was the G1, as it was the first android phone, and the Nexis One, as it was the first 1ghz android phone (I think). This is just what I think. When an HTC, dual core processor phone comes along (Project Emerald/HTC Glacier?), they will have a dev version I bet.

17. psz

psz Well-Known Member

I think he means the fact that the N1 is no longer sold at all.... *EXCEPT* as a Dev Phone from Google.

18. SamsungVibrant

I say NO, if we get 3.0 T-mobile will release it 5 yrs from now.

19. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

Who knows. This is a reason why I want a stock android phone. Touchwiz & Motorblur are not android to me.

20. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yall need to quit complaining about 3.0 and worry about getting an official 2.2 and what does it matter anyways? there clearly are devs that ported 2.2 so what makes you think you guys won't see it one way or another?

21. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

I think there will be a 3.0 update next year for the galaxy s phones.... i also think that will be the last update for this platform.

22. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

i would imagine we will see 3.0 on the vibrant... the galaxy s phones are samsung's premier lineup... so it would only be natural for them to keep it up to date. they have a top notch phone that is competing against the best of all android phones, and samsung knows that if it is to stay in the competiton, they have to keep it up to date with the competition. look at all the htc phones, like the droid and the evo, they have just recently released 2.2, and sammy is allegedly releasing 2.2 by the end of this month.

23. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

True.......as of right now. And i think we will get it but when? 2.2 sure is taking a while but i think that has something to do with Fasinate just getting relerased and it was the last Galaxy S do be released which is wh we are getting it later this month. But i could be wrong since T-Mobile allegedly has already had the upgrade sent from Samsung.

24. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

yes