Do You Have a Family Full of Droids?

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Thanksgiving was yesterday here in America, and as such, it was one of few times where my family sits around the table to eat dinner, talk, and share good times. As I took the biggest bite out of a piece of turkey that I’ve ever taken, I couldn’t help but notice that everyone in my [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The only other person in my family with an Android phone is my uncle who has a Motorola Devour. Everyone else is either dumbphone or BlackBerry.

3. Tony.

Tony. Member

I convinced my wife to get the Desire in May (jealous that my contract wasn't up) then my youngest son got his desire in September shortly after that I got my Wildfire so in my house there is only one odd one out, the elder son will not give up his N95 8Gb.

4. Legin15

Legin15 Member

I was saving to get a droid I would have been the first in my family to adopt a smartphone. Then there was a competition held by a new mobile provider to receive as many messages as possible in a text race.

Although if you received 10,000 texts (not hard due to many people being on unlimited texts here in NZ) You were Guaranteed a Huawei Ideos.

So now me and both my brothers as well as my best mate and his gf all have the same phone due to this race

5. *king*

*king* Active Member

3 evos and a lg optimus in my household :) BBs and other dumbphones for the extended family

6. Haloman800

Haloman800 Active Member

Everyone in my family (that still lives with us at least) has one, except my mom, who will December 4th when she is eligible for an upgrade :D :D.

7. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

My wife just got the DroidPro last week. It has taken her all this time to come to like it, but today she finally admitted so. She was coming from Blackberry and the DP was the best fit for her IMO.

8. Catherinm

Catherinm New Member

In my family I'm the only one who has Android ((( But I'm thinking over presenting Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica to my sister this Christmas.

9. konawayne

konawayne New Member

Me, my girl, uncle, and nephew had android phones. Despite, some of them not knowing what android was. Uncle thought it was the ability to search google...:confused:

My little girly niece had an iPhone and was charging/checking it every freaking second. :mad:

10. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Well, my kid (sometimes) has a rooted Eris because I gave it to her when I upgraded to the Fascinate.

But she uses the (Sprint) Tour most often, "texting is lame with those 'Droid things" she said.

So, I have an extra line and my old Eris to play with now and then. :rolleyes:

Wife has an ancient LG, pink flip phone.

11. Ceefax

Ceefax Well-Known Member

Me, my brother, my gf all have androids (Desire/Hero/Hero...) about to sort my mum out with either a Desire or galaxy S, which ever one she prefers to use really.

Sister is another story... if that R2D2 droid was available easily in the UK I'm sure she'd be switch from her iphone in a second :D Easily swayed by pretty things she is.

12. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

no other androids in my immediate family, but i'm converting co-workers one by one. so far, i've gotten 4 of them to get an android device.

google owes me a commission, right? ;)

13. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I have an Evo, my dad an Epic, my mom a Hero (getting an evo in Feb, though she might get the HTC Knight), my step mom is getting an Optimus S here in a month, and my step sister is the only one plugging along on a junk phone (iPhone 3G), as well as my grandparents with Nextel phones (they don't need anything more, they hate messing with out phones in general).

14. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

The only one in the family using an Android phone is me (Galaxy S), My mum uses a Bada phone (Samsung Wave).

My Aunts uses Feature-rich phones (iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4), my granny uses a Sony Ericsson W995, and my grandpa use a LG phone.

15. Elisheba

Elisheba Active Member

No one else in my family has an Android phone and one of the guys from work who advised to get HTC just got an iphone :eek:

Plus, my dear "sister" just loves her ipod.

16. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Me: HTC Hero (Badged by T-Mobile UK as a G2 Touch)
    Wife: Motorola V8
    Daughter 1: iPhone 3G
    Daughter 2: Blackberry Curve 8520

Next phone for me: HTC Desire Z

17. monyong

monyong New Member

no one in my family has it...only me

18. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire Member

Yes, this Thanksgiving -- both my parents have Droids and one of my sisters has a T-Mobile MyTouch 3g. My other sister, an iphone user, tends to keep her phone hidden. <cough>. I myself have a Droid 1. lol

19. sara323

sara323 Member

My family members are full of droids except my sister and my father has 2

20. vinniewarlock

vinniewarlock Member

Let's see...
    I have an HTC EVO
    My Wife has an HTC EVO
    My Mother has an HTC EVO
    My Brother has an HTC Hero
    My Pastor has an HTC EVO
    His wife has an HTC Hero
    The Adm Pastor has an HTC EVO
    his wife has an HTC EVO
    The guy on the sound table has an HTC EVO
    his wife has an HTC EVO
    As I consider my Church part of the family... yep, I can say that pretty much we are Android people :)

HTC EVO - my "Take That" on Jobs pompous arse....