Do you have call quality/call dropping?General

Do you have any problems with call quality and/or calls dropping?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

33 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Once or twice but nothing serious.

9 vote(s)
    13.6%

Last Updated:

1. JuicyJones

JuicyJones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you have any problems with call quality and/or calls dropping? I personally have never had a problem. I am in a major city and not the country or rural area. I'm just trying to see what percentage of users have these issues.

Advertisement
  2. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

I do. Whenever I call someone who's on an iPhone.

Jessie likes this.
  3. JuicyJones

LMAO!!! ^^ Quote of the day right there!

4. jrmckins

the sad part is I'm not joking. Lots of my co-workers use iPhones. I can never hear them and we drop calls all the time.

5. JuicyJones

Same thing happens to me w/ my cousin. She claims "AT&T & VZW know that we're talking to each other and that's why there's call drops. They're conspiring against each other" I'm like its funny that YOU'RE the only one this happens with? Maybe they're conspiring against you? Maybe Apple conspired against iPhone users? LOL

6. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

I've never had a drop call on VZ, and I've had it for years. :D

7. mike1

mike1 Well-Known Member

1 dropped call because i was in a basement

8. JuicyJones

That's to be expected at times...

9. jrmckins

AT&T is known for having crappy coverage and a lot of dropped calls.

10. Leonard

Leonard Member

No problems here. I've read a few posts from people complaining about reception bars. I really don't care about the bars as long as the call doesn't drop and I haven't had a problem yet.

11. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

No problems here to report. I'm in a basement as I type and can make and receive crystal clear calls. :)

12. gocardinals

gocardinals Well-Known Member

Worst call quality I have had in a phone. Not a signal issue, just muffled sound. I called Verizon within 30 days - this was in early June - and, after the Verizon tech consulted with an HTC tech, they said it was a known software issue. I was free to swap phones, but they said it wouldn't do any good to swap for an INC replacement. Two months later, no software upgrade that improves my call quality.

13. gvillager

gvillager Well-Known Member

I spend most of my time in urban areas and only drop calls when I'm down in a subway station (which is to be expected). Last month I drove with a bunch of friends down to East Tennessee and it worked just as good as anyone else's VZW phone. Those with Tmobile, Sprint, and AT&T weren't as fortunate. Also on the way back I listened to streaming radio for about 100 miles while we were on I-81 in Virginia with no audio breakups.

14. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I am in a similar situation. I have been told they fully expect the issue to be resolved within 23 days or so (was told 30 days a week ago). If not, I might have to bite the bullet and get the Droid aircraft carrier..... uh X

15. jrmckins

I use about 1500 minutes a month and the call quality is fine (unless the other person is using bluetooth or a bad headset or has their window open while driving). The sound gets a little distorted sometimes if the volume is all the way up. I just drop it a notch and it's fine. Besides with AT&T customers I've only dropped calls when I was at the beach on a small island off the coast of NC. There was minimal signal on the west end of the island where we were staying. If I went to the east side the calls were fine.

16. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

I voted No...however...I was camping in the middle of nowhere and had next to no signal and dropped a call

17. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yeah a few months ago I had some serious call dropping, never had it before with any other Verizon phone.

As for call quality its hit and miss. Voices sound garbled etc. Ive also had a scenario twice where I could hear the person I was calling, but they could not hear me. I may get a Droid 2 at some point just to have a smartphone with decent call quality. (Assuming its better at this point since its not out till tomorrow).

18. BuickGS67

BuickGS67 Well-Known Member

Once or twice I've had bad call quality. Rebooted the phone after each instance, and the problem went away.

19. wcx86

wcx86 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how true this is but I believe if you do a *228 and then choose option 2 it's suppose to re-calibrate your phone to closer towers. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

20. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

It reprograms something or another. They actually had me do it 3 times (3rd one was to a HYBRID). I think it is the PRL.

It seemed to work for some but not for me.

21. JuicyJones

I really don't see how this can be a problem with ALL HTC Incredibles when its a 50/50 issue (roughly, according to these numbers.)

22. JuicyJones

Those who are having the issue, when did u buy your phone? I got mine in early June (ordered early May) have had no problems at all...

23. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

When I was on 2.1 yes, the call quality was not great. A millisecond of the first sentence the other person would speak was cut off. Not all the time but I'd say at least 30% of the time this would happen. After I switch to 2.2 this all went away and people sound better over all.

Not one dropped call on my end but I have had 3 dropped calls while talking to friends with iphones. The sad part is they are so used to it that it does not bother them anymore. Apple/ATT is beating their customers like a redheaded step child while everyone screams "Thank you sir, may I have another!?"

24. JuicyJones

My cousin has an iPhone & dropped 4 calls while I was w/ her the other day and she always blames the other person's phone that she's talking too...lol.

Can't lie though, if Android had this issue I would deny it too LMAO. #AndroidPride

25. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

My issues were dropped calls (my signal is usually -95 to -105dbm) and audio drop out during calls. I solved the audio drop out by switching to the EVRC B setting initially, then bit the bullet and got a network extender (which to be able to use I had to switch back to plain old EVRC) which has solved both issues (normally sit at -65 to -80dbm now). When I leave the house it could go either way.