• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Do you have issues with your phone?

powerkiter

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
UK
Just to see what people are having issues or not and what firmware they are on.

No phanboi posts just a simple:

My phone does X,Y,Z and I have R***14,16,20,23,26 and my carrier is XYZ.

Or.

My phone works fine for me with non of the reported issues and I have R***14,16,20,23,26 and my carrier is XYZ.

You could add if your rooted or de-branded if you like but remember any glitch is an issue!

I dont want to start another "Your thick thread" just to see what's going on with what build and carrier.

Now go for it :cool:

Build #016 and on AT&T. Biggest problem is the battery. Cannot get past 6 hours and more often than not it is between 4-5 hours. The phone is also starting to run slow and sluggish when starting some apps. If I do a rein-install, everything runs fine, except the battery, for about a wekk or two and than it is time to rrein-install again. I am not rooted, but maybe I should... These things should not be happening with a new phone.....

Upvote 0
O2 UK - R2BA026 - Factory Unbranded - One Click Root option

2 xtra chinese batteries. Original battery is alot better since buying the phone and the charger that came with the chinese batteries is a decharger as well.

Main thing pisses me of is the sim card unavailable at the top of the phonebook. I know I can maybe change it with another phone (k810i, P1i etc) and i have been looking on ebay for a cheap one but i am not wanting to pay more than

Upvote 0
Those people that say taht they have "no issues" are you saying that you are 100% with the in call volume? I have to plan my phone calls so that I am inside when I use the phone so that i can hear the person. Are you saying that you could be in a pub and have the phone at less than 100% volume and be able to clearly and without any problem hear the other person?

Upvote 0
Those people that say taht they have "no issues" are you saying that you are 100% with the in call volume? I have to plan my phone calls so that I am inside when I use the phone so that i can hear the person. Are you saying that you could be in a pub and have the phone at less than 100% volume and be able to clearly and without any problem hear the other person?

yes very happy with incall volume

was in middle of pub in london town last night, could hear everything said

today just been on phone to business contact in america while on train in UK - no issues to report - so yeah

i'm happy

Upvote 0
rogers 020
laggy, very laggy
phone shuts off
phone freezes mid word
phone has called a random person in my phone book when i plugged it in to charge
shitty battery life
terrible call volume

there is another 40 minutes of complaining i can do but those are the big ones that come to mind this early in the morning

Upvote 0
UK vodafone, R2BA024 (not rooted nor debranded), very disappointing battery life, very poor in-call volume, random force closes all the time, disappointing camera with only about 10% of photos in focus, weak vibrate, random freezes on texts (probably coz I want to type too fast - no multitouch to accomodate this), standard google apps widgets don't work properly, annoying fiddly charge socket location and cover, appalling SE update software (extremely buggy)..

Like one of the previous posters, I could go on for a while... *sigh*

At least it's still the best looking phone out there at the mo.

Upvote 0
ooooh welcome back - how was hols ?

sent from my x10 - somewhere between york and doncaster on east coast mainline piggy backing on orange signal lol

Lovely thanks. Seen you have been a busy boy with your phone in my absence!

I had prob with volume to start with but I found the sweet spot between phone placement and my ear and haven't had problems since, in fact had call in car on way home from hols with music blasting on stereo (Slipknot :eek: who'd go on hols with teenagers!) and heard caller fine.

Upvote 0
AT&T - R2CA016 - Not rooted / debranded

I've frozen it a couple times while trying to move shortcuts around but I get errors about ADW launcher at that point so I don't believe it's a phone issue.

In call volume seems a little on the low side for my liking at full volume but I haven't been able to test it in many situations yet.

Battery lifes been good so far. Several hard days of playing & setting up. Yesterday I was still at 48% battery when going to bed so should last me a couple days between charges with my light use.

Upvote 0
Powerkiter is going to get annoyed at us hijacking his thread... but very nice. Almost tempted me altho I did get a bit lost trying to follow the font thing. I'll sit it out til the update.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:p

If your rooted red you can get an app from XDA that lets you install any font you want. That's how I did it anyway, now back to the "issues" :D

Oh I had a fiddle with the HTC Desire HD today and I had a little fizzy feeling in my man parts :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones