1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member This Topic's Starter

- yes

- no

- not sure

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

I've mentioned before a few times ;) that I am very happy with my 1.5 Eris.

Maybe I got the only fully functional, non-buggy one, I don't know. :cool:

3. jlrosell

jlrosell Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that if you choose update later, it will just continue showing up every half hour.
    I am excited for the update, and I will accept it right away.
    That is unless some simple instructions come out to share the update with everyone. If it involves not accepting right away, then I would gladly help out.
    As of now though, after all this waiting, Im grabbig it in a heartbeat.

4. 0wrx2

0wrx2 Well-Known Member

yes of course! id like to have my phone turn back into a phone. one that i can use functionally!

5. tproctor

tproctor Well-Known Member

Mine and my wife's phone work great with 1.5, but I want the Navigation and the Youtube.

6. ludist210

ludist210 Well-Known Member

I'd like Navigation, so no. I'll be downloading it when I'm prompted to.

7. Frisco

Yes, there is the little matter of the update to 2.1 being a persistent nag until you give in.

Well, we're not sure of that, so I'll just reject it a few times and see if it continues to prompt for the install.

If it does, I'll decide whether to install the update or microwave my Eris for 2.1 minutes on High.

sabakawasaki, alk1 and chris22 like this.
  8. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Depending on what time I get it, it could be yes or no. If it's during the day, I will probably reject it as I need my phone. If it's at night, I will accept it and install it right away. We shall see how much God really hates me by sending me my update during my final today (3 hours and my phone will be reminding me every hour?!?)... Lol

9. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Frisco my man, I too 'had' a fully functional 1.5, so I totally see where you're coming from. That v3, my wife's Incredible, and the fact that I hate that she always has to one up me, made me take the plunge, so far I'm glad I did.

But my point is, it seems, (and I could be wrong) that those of us with fully functional phones at 1.5, end up with fully functional phones at 2.1. I hope that'll be the case for you, and your reward for having patience.

I can't wait to see you on 2.1, then you'll have street cred, and an up-to-date firmware..lol. Cheers!

10. jlrosell

jlrosell Well-Known Member

In past updates, there is no audible reminder. Just when you unlock your phone, you see the update message waiting for you.

11. Frisco

Seems like all my life, after I've been around people for a while they want to see me on something or other.

Jagermeister was the latest.

12. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I also believe this is the case. People that had problems in 1.5 continued to have them after updating the OS. Also those that started getting the serious bugs continued to have through every version of the leaks.

When it comes, Frisco, I think you will be happy.

13. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

Frisco I as well am on 1.5 and have no problems, 2.1 is no big deal for me, I've had a droid and went through the process for the 2.1 upgrade, but we were able to download and install off the forums here, I think they learned from that and we all have to wait to OTA now

14. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

mmmm....J

15. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

Considering the fact that this update will supposedly require a complete wipe of the phone's memory and (non-SD) data, I can't believe they'll force the update too strongly. I assure you, the average Eris user does NOT know how to back up their info, what apps they have installed, save/back-up text messages (why aren't those stored on the SD card anyway ?!?!), and so on.

16. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

I plan to reject the OTA update; as I am already running 2.1v3, and probably will not receive the option anyhow. Bring on the manual download.

17. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

As for taking or rejecting the update, I'm already running the 3rd leak. I do hold out a small sliver of hope that zifnab06 and others may make progress with hacking fastboot and in turn, rooting the Eris. In hindsight, I wish I'd have held off installing leak v1 considering 1.5 was rooted what, a week after that leak was out ?

18. Frisco

That notion of good 1.5 = good 2.1, bad 1.5 = bad 2.1 is intriguing, indeed.

This lends credence to what has been said about quality control issues at the point of manufacture; nothing like inconsistent user experience to bear that out, tempered a bit by unintended user abuse, of course.

19. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I am pretty sure that Foxcow, who posted photos of his update from overnight, said that he lost contacts and calendars but that his apps remained intact.

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...begin-tomorrow-5-11-2010-a-13.html#post720440

I could be misinterpreting the post, I just realized; perhaps the applications were in the market...

20. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

From what I understand...there will not be a choice in the matter to accept or reject. At first, it merely suggests, then it gets ugly and starts slapping your wife and kids around. Finally, you are staring down the barrel of a gun and what are you gonna do?

21. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

I plan to reject it at first hoping that one of the developers will root it and I can finally have root.

I can dream can't I?

22. Frisco

I'll bet Verizon can detect which of us with 1.5 are happy. We won't get the OTA until last, when all of the whining, sociopaths are satisfied.

It's the sacrifice we make for having good phones.

(the above is a joke.. now laugh.. thank you)

23. natsu

natsu Well-Known Member

I went out and found an app that saves my text message in my gmail. I've already found it to be pretty handy.

I'll probably reject it at first, just so i can hop on my computer and back up my things.

24. jkmailley

jkmailley Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

25. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I agree with the idea posted earlier about a good 1.5 eris = a good 2.1 eris. My Eris worked perfectly on 1.5, and I didn't see any bugs on it (other than the native SMS 100% wake time). I am on 2.1 leak v2, and I have not encountered any problems at all.