Do you like the Sense UI?General

Do you like like HTC Sense UI.... Explain

Poll closed Mar 26, 2010.
  1. Yes! I Love the Sense UI

78.1%
  2. No! I would rather have the stock look like the Magic and Droid.

12.9%
  3. I really don't care

11.0%

Last Updated:

1. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Pick a choice and explain why you choose it please :D

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I like the 7 home screens, the widgets/icons, and just the overall look of the software. I had a Moto Droid for two weeks and now I realize how plain it was.

People complain that Sense slows down the phone, but that isn't the case with 2.1 so far.

3. adrenalinerush12

adrenalinerush12 Well-Known Member

I like the stock Android look. It just looks and feels faster and more powerful, and less cheap. Sense UI is just too laggy and pointless. Who needs 7 home screens for useless widgets that slow down the phone?

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

The term "useless" is very subjective and I've experienced very little lag - borderline none.

5. jr313

jr313 Well-Known Member

I like it because of the cool htc widgets i think they make the look of the phone that much nicer...wish they had em on my droid but i luv em both equally as if they were kids...

6. davros

davros Well-Known Member

I only hate the "phone" button, that's not needed. We have hard send and end buttons.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

7. alk1

alk1 Well-Known Member

I love my Eris and like the Sense interface I don't care for the Droid and chose the Eris over the Droid. Happy so far running 2.1.

8. Droid.eris

Droid.eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Agreed I'm running the Home instead of Sense. I really don't need all those widgets draining battery. Come on people stop using shortcuts and just pull out the programs list and click the app. The only widgets I use is Chompsms and Mobile buzz Chomp being for the quick reply. everything else i just pull up the drawer for.

9. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

I like Sense, but certainly not because it makes me feel special. I just like how it looks, and I like some of the HTC widgets. I think that if you are willing/prefer to open all of your programs from the program list, then the 7 screens might not be so useful. However, if you like shortcuts and widgets, then the more real estate, the better.

10. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

I still like my 7 home screens. I've pretty much changed over to regular old widgets for everything but I tried home and didnt really see any improvement speed-wise so back to sense. I'll take function over form anyday but if I can have function AND pretty I'll take it ;)

11. arock

arock Well-Known Member

Prior to the leaked 2.1, I was running home. I found that it ran smoother than sense did on 1.5. After the leaked 2.1 sense seemed to run so much smoother that I have stuck with it. I was kinda hoping for 5 home screens on the standard home with 2.1 but that didnt happen. I have always liked sense but i wish they had made a way to change it so that you could remove the phone, + and drawer things and have just the drawer.

12. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

I have been using Sense since I bought my phone and I just can't go back to home, it looks too cheap and basic for me. With Sense, I like the seven home screens mostly, and the bar at the bottom with the app drawer, 'phone' button and the add button. I haven't noticed a lag problem since I've rooted and I have to have shortcuts to all my favorite programs and widgets.

13. smacky

smacky Banned

Home is the way Android was meant to be. Putting a UI on there just complicates things, especially if you can't stop it from running. Seems to go against the Android philosophy, a bit.

14. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

+1 on this, minus the root part, since the Eris 2.1 hasn't been rooted yet.

15. arock

arock Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on that. Once 2.1 is rooted I am hoping someone will make a nexus one style 2.1 rom and that is all I will need.

16. whewstoosae

whewstoosae Well-Known Member

Why else would you buy a phone that has sense integrated if you aren't going to love/use it? I love sense and everything it adds to the phone, especially on 2.1. If home is "the way Android was meant to be used," buy a phone without sense?

17. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

Agreed, Sense is the main reason why I got the phone, that and the fact that it doesn't have a sliding keyboard, I hate phones with moving parts.

18. smacky

smacky Banned

Link me to an Android phone on VZW that costs $50, or less, with a contract renewal, please.

19. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

how do you know he has flashed the leaked rom? and it says on his info that he has a hero. not an eris ... im sure 2.1 for the hero has been rooted. along with every other phone except for the eris. :/

20. R1OT

R1OT Well-Known Member

I like sense because its a lot similar to Mobile Shell 3 that I had on my Omnia. Made for a very easy change over. Only thing i'm kinda wondering about is I get two mail notifications from the same gmail account, is that because I have a mail widget too?

21. alamoe

alamoe Well-Known Member

To me, Sense UI is similar to having a favorite outfit; you like it, and feel it works well for you, but you don't wanna wear it everyday. And also, it seems like Google is adding most of the functions of Sense UI (+MotoBlur) to stock Android. And another factor to consider is the updates; it can take months for HTC and carriers to configure Sense UI to work with the latest Android OS.

22. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm running the rooted 2.1 ROM (Fresh 2.0b) on the Hero, it's based largely off the leaked Eris ROM. I can't imagine why the Eris' 2.1 hasn't been rooted.

23. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

Your choices are absurd... "Yes!!! Because it makes me feel special." sounds a bit biased.

I choose Yes because I like the overall look of it better (the black bar is much better than the stock white bar, for example), I like having more screens, and I like the widgets.

Some things I dislike are the occasional lag, but it's nothing that I would consider a deal-breaker.

24. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

Yes, Sense is great, the 7 screens, the widgets and the look. It's one of the main reasons I bought the Eris.

25. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

I like sense and I love having 7 screens. I like creating "scenes." ;)
    I like the widgets and being creative with them. My husband has a droid. Boring :p