Do you like Timescape/Mediascape?General

Do you like Timescape and/or Mediascape?

1. I like both Timescape and Mediascape

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. I don't like either of them

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. I like Timescape, but not Mediascape

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. I like Mediascape, but not Timescape

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. I just looove both Timescape and Mediascape

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. I hate both of them

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  7. I love Timescape, but i hate Mediascape

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. I love Mediascape, but i hate Timescape

2 vote(s)
    5.4%

Last Updated:

1. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was just wondering, since i've read and heard about quite a few people, that they don't even like either Timescape or Mediascape?

So i just wanted to make a Poll about it.

If you don't like it, please say what it is about it you don't like.

If you like, please say what it is about it you really like.

Advertisement
  2. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

I would prefer a simpler media player than Mediascape, and I don't really use timescape, seems pointless to me

3. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Same as CuBz, Timescape I don't use and Mediascape is too complicated. For my music, I still have my old iPod from 2002 with 20GB! And for movies, I use RockPlayer, as Mediascape can't read the formats people actually use.

4. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Timescape is awesome - simply cos i don't have to go browsing through emails, sms etc etc to find info thats been sent to me in last few hours - its all there, 1 easy place, simple to navigate - only wish there was a reply option for twitter

5. bjack56

bjack56 Active Member

This is my problem. If I can't reply/comment etc. from the application it's kinda pointless.

6. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

Awesome. Seriously awesome - the mother of all "end-user" arguments...

..."but it's soooo haaaaaaard" - the all-encompassing description of Generation Y, that is. :D

7. kamm

kamm Well-Known Member

This is why I love Mediascape too - there's not one app that comes even close to its uber-media center role. Yes, it's buggy - eg reverse track listing, randomly enabled single-repeat etc - but it's still far more useful than anything else on Android.

There's a reason why HTC just went down Sony Ericsson's road ie gave up on light mods and now introducing full-blown custom UI for Desire HD and newer models: HTC moves beyond the phone, marginalizes Google in the process

This is the differentiator factor - if you don't like it then get an ugly stock Android phone eg. Google, HTC or Motorola. That's what is for folks who cannot take anything unusual or new because it's "complicated", y;know.

8. lavinius

lavinius Active Member

both look useless and slow, tried media scape and my god it's complicated, i don't want songs or album art and crap i just want a simple interface so i can play my music, i don't want to buy your music, i have my own, i don't want links to your website or crap, i just want a simple player with simple controls that will treat my folders with mp3's as lists, i don't even want repeat or shuffle as i know it will add more convoluted menus

and timescape .... please it's slow as a dog and i don't want everybody around me to look on my screen and see what's happening with my friends/life etc. oh did i mention it's slow? like really slow?

9. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

One thing I do love is the infinite button! Awesome feature! Comes in use to me all the time :D

10. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

so what you're saying is all you want is a player that just plays music ? kinda boring and plain - as for timescape - don't leave it open when people look at your screen lol

but i agree above - both are such a break from the norm, a leap forward from bog standard - and hell, if i wanted a media player or social experience like everybody else i would have got an iPhone

actually no i wouldn't - i NEED to be able to use my phones while holding them (without elastic bands on them)

11. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

I love mediascape, works fine for me but yea it have a few bugs, like no playlists (other than favorites), reverse listing, etc. Timescape i simply don't use it. Even though the phone is sold as a Social phone i just don't use any of these services (tweet, Fb) I didn't even set it up just to keep the SE logo on my homescreen

12. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

Mediascape has it's place. It's slow and not that intuitive, but good for pics. TuneWiki is far better for music.

13. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I like them both but wish they were a little more fluid. I think this is part of the postponed update that we should get early 2011. I don't come from a walkman phone background or any other android phone with a music player so I don't have any particular expectations.

14. AcidSentance

AcidSentance Active Member

I like them both but they aren't without flaws.

TimeScape
    Clicking on Facebook tiles should go to the app, not open the browser or at least give you an option for this
    More themes or theming options

MediaScape
    EQ
    Desktop/Widget controls
    Lock screen controls
    Playlists
    Quick swap to video/picture/music from where ever you are in MS - via option button
    Theming options

That's just off the top of my head but if Sony were to implement these they would be elevated to epic.

15. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

I like them and use them everyday! They were one of the reasons why I initially decided to get the X10. I think they are light years above some of the other company's UI's out on the market. If they were NOT there, and we were going through our current Fiasco, it would really put a damper on who and what I am able to do with 1.6. But since they are there and I use them to their maximum advantage, 1.6 and the Fiasco is a little easier to swallow...

16. hitokiri

hitokiri Active Member

I bought this SE xperia x10 bcz of the timescape ;) its very useful for me to get all the updates. and for mediascape i found it very funky media browser thats all so i like both of it

17. OmniCoRp

OmniCoRp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I must say. I didn't really count on such mixed result.

I would have thought that one of the things most people choose the X10 for would be Timescape and Mediascape, since it's the two key features of the phone...

But keep voting, might get better over time ;)