Do you lose your AppBrain Apps when replacing EVO?Tips

Last Updated:

1. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know when I dumped my Incredible for an EVO, I couldn't just transfer my APPBrain apps to the EVO; I am replacing my current EVO for a new one tomorrow, and I am wondering if I have to find/download all my apps again, or I can just re-sync the new phone once I put AppBrain on it..
    Any Info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

app brain keeps them. just sync up to the appbrain site.. swap phones, install appbrain, then resync..

3. wase4711

thanks, I was hoping it would be that easy, but, only time will tell, eh? :D

4. marctronixx

indeed. heck just factory reset your phone and do it now to test.... why wait until tomorrow!

5. wase4711

I'm trying to save my fingers for the marathon tomorrow!!

I assume I will have to start/run configure every single app as if it was newly downloded, correct?

6. marctronixx

i would wager so.. i have not done the reinstall thing but yes that sounds correct.

fyi es file explorer will backup your apps to SD card. i have that installed also....

7. wase4711

thanks for the tip on es file explorer; I grabbed it, but I dont see where it does a app backup to your sd card...

8. denise1768

denise1768 Well-Known Member

Actually, when I reset my phone, it did not sync. I don't know if I did something wrong, but when I did the sync, it was only one way (phone to Appbrain). I had to download everything again.

Also, when I went to the market place, all my apps were there, but when i started to download, it only downloaded the first one or 2, then the rest were gone.

Weird.

9. ncguy2

ncguy2 Well-Known Member

When you replace phones that will definitely happen with your market apps. It only keeps them if you reload back to the exact same physical phone. I've heard appbrain dumps them all if the phone is reset but you may first try copying them to a separate file in appbrain. I would think they could be retrieved if you did that extra step. Anyone verify?

10. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, couldn't figure out how to sync appbrain to my phone after i flashed it.

11. texasez

texasez Member

Always have a list of your apps that is separate from the apps on phone file.
    You can also clone the apps on your phone file and call it something else and you can down load these apps to your phone after reset or rooting. You will have to install apps separately.

12. ToNrDrOiD

ToNrDrOiD Well-Known Member

just like above posted said ... go to appbrain ...

create a new list ... on the left hand side

go to my apps and select all then select option to add to list and pick the list u just created

because when i reset phone and resync to appbrain it will remove all the apps in appbrain but wont touch the new list u just created..

13. wase4711

I can vouch that this does work!
    Did the same thing to mine before getting a new EVO..

14. Rakhan

Rakhan Member

I used astro file manager it has an option to back up all your apps to the sd card , i didnt really trust app brain.

15. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if you're transferring to a different phone (different model, not just same model, different unit) will this work?

How do I use App Brain to "sync" all my previously loaded apps onto a new phone?

16. icereignblack

icereignblack Active Member

So app brian is a good program? I was worried about doing the sync since it ask for my google log in to sync. There is no way for them to steal my password is there?