• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you need to have stock 1.5 for the upcoming update?

rleal2010

Android Enthusiast
May 6, 2010
Texas
I know I read this somewhere, but I cant find it.

When the update comes up on the 28th of this month, do the custom roms allow you to update? Or do we need to flash back to 1.5 in order to receive the OTA update?

Thank you all for your patience :)

ps. I have the 1.6 no twiz android rom running.

No you will not get it flash back to stock also it's already started rolling out and the main phase of the roll out ends on the 25th. After that it's updates once a week until all devices are hit. The 28th is nothing! Just a made up date by a friendly neighborhood troll.

do you know of anybody who has gotten it yet... you will probably be one of the first like last time. That is if you still own a BH2.

Upvote 0
Don't really know...phone is off and in the closet in it's original box. Maybe I'll bust it out throw sim in and find out. Since I got the slide haven't given the b2 much thought...just like to check the forum from time to time :D

Well with an display name like "behold_this" i would assume you to check the old behold forums from time to time.

Upvote 0
Pulled out the old phone to check...no update here, now "back in cage" this pos goes! I just love my slide too much to care. "Its so choice. if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." don't think I'll bother checking again, in fact don't think my b2 will ever see the light if day again. My slide has flash, it's fast, and it's up to date and will recieve 2.2 I can't ask for more than that.

Upvote 0
Pulled out the old phone to check...no update here, now "back in cage" this pos goes! I just love my slide too much to care. "Its so choice. if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." don't think I'll bother checking again, in fact don't think my b2 will ever see the light if day again. My slide has flash, it's fast, and it's up to date and will recieve 2.2 I can't ask for more than that.

have you figure out how we will get the 2.2 update?
Will it just provide us with a pop up on the mt3gslide?

And just like the toys in toy story, why dont you give your phone to someone else, someone less fortunate?

Why dont you let go entirely of the behold and become MTouchThis_Slide

Upvote 0
One problem is can't change screen names here so I'm stuck. the reason I keep the b2 is it's good to have a back up. I still have my moto rizr, moto razr, behold 1, and my behold 2. I keep them all. My little collection.

As for the slide update it will be pushed ota but the normal way not through sammys dumb ass device manager app. It even will work with google check in service to see if you have latest os, which the b2 did not

btw it would be slide_this if I could (thanx xblue ;))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones