6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Maybe after I get bored with it

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you plan on rooting your Moto X?

Personally, I do not plan on rooting the Moto X. My reasoning is that the Moto X will have enough onboard storage for my daily use. Rumor has it that Motorola/Google had an agreement with carriers to limit bloatware on the phone (much like Apple). And the Moto X will run on a near stock version of Android with support from Google (updates).

Also with continued development Root may no longer be necessary. Many apps like backup are beginning to function without root (i.e. Helium).

So, I'm just curious what others plan.

Advertisement
    :
  2. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

you're assuming that it will be root'able?

you know Moto is locking devices down left and right...always have and will probably continue to do so. Especially on the VZW model.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

If it can't be rooted, it instantly loses all the hype its built over the past several months. Its the android enthusiasts that are driving this hype. I doubt moto and Google would be that short sighted

My speculation:
    I imagine Verizon's will be locked down, but others won't.
  4. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

i'm going out on a limb and saying all are locked. By all i mean TurdMobile, Sprint, ATT, and VZW.

i hope i'm wrong
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I wasnt too far off ;)
    KOLIO likes this.
  6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

If the bootloader isn't encrypted and can be unlocked I would be rooted 5 minutes after activation. :D
    OB
  7. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

5 minutes... or less.

When I got my razr maxx, I hadn't even taken it out of the box before rooting. I just tipped it enough to plug it into the PC.
  8. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

Okay, I'm getting my Moto X today. Where do I find the rooting guide?
  9. x026092

x026092 Well-Known Member

10. jaycbrf4

jaycbrf4 Well-Known Member

The only reason I rooted my Droid 3 was to remove bloatware. But with the new feature to disable apps why root?
  11. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Tethering, gmd gesture control, Titanium Backup,Tasker