• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Do you reboot phone

I would say if your phone starts acting wonky than restart it but if it behaves the same after the installing the app than before. I don't think it is necessary to restart after you install apps except that is rooted and you are going to try installing a from the from manager then the procedure involves restart and other things.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

Upvote 0
I have tasker reboot my phone 3 days per week.
Rebooting regularly is not just for Windows.
I have several AIX servers at work that reboot weekly just to make Oracle happy by clearing memory and paging space.
Some apps refuse to return the memory it used during lengthy processing, even in Unix.
Sounds like buggy software not handling memory properly, not a Unix fault. Rebooting should not normally be necessary. I once had a Red Hat mail server that ran 2 1/2 years perfectly without rebooting. No telling how long it could've gone but the CPU fan seized.

Reactions: linuxrich
Upvote 0
Sounds like buggy software not handling memory properly, not a Unix fault. Rebooting should not normally be necessary. I once had a Red Hat mail server that ran 2 1/2 years perfectly without rebooting. No telling how long it could've gone but the CPU fan seized.

I also have servers that have been up for years.
We can't re-write Oracle, informatica, cognos, websphere, etc.
I didn't say Unix was the problem, but a reboot of Unix is necessary to resolve the issue.
Windows isn't the problem either, it's the apps.

Upvote 0
I was wondering, after some updates to apps, is it a good idea to restart the phone or not? Are there anytime when you should restart the phone/turn off?

I usually leave my phone on unless it locks or act very strange.

Just curious mostly.
I reboot/restart my device every night before going to bed. It seems to make it work without glitches. These high-end devices are mini-computer, that needs to be reboot/restart occasionally.

Upvote 0
I've only ever had to reboot my phone manually one time. Other then that it only reboots for system updates and stuff. I've gone 67 days up time before.
thank you
g.gif

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies everyone. Since this is my first time using any smartphone, I was just curious about how Android works.

I'm familar with Linux/Unix hardly ever needing rebooting, I'm a linux guy myself. The longest my desktop system lasted was around 45 days without rebooting until a thunder storm came and killed the power...lol

I try not to restart the phone often unless somethings screwy is going on, but as others have said, it doesn't hurt every once in awhile either.

Thnx.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones